Minor complaints thread (22 Viewers)

I've a pain in me hole with all the refuge posts in my time line on FB. It's terrible and we should take a load in but i look at fb for light relief.
I logged out of facebook a couple weeks back when it was just getting going and I havent logged back in since.

And I swear to good god allah moses and mohammod that life is better without it.I woulda been proper hating every cunt on there by now.

On to real minor complaints..the tiles on my bath wall have come off.

Will the landlord take care of that or will it be a Youtube training video job?
Ahh..the landlord will sort it..he has a building firm..takes real good care of shit.

ANd its not a big job now that he's catching it in good time.

I'm looking forward to some nice new fresh tiles!

Given the state the West left post-Gadaffi Libia in I'm not so sure removing Assad would be such a good move. Although Western support for the 'moderate' rebels has had much the same result as Assads removal would for much of Syria.
So Putin's continuing military support propping up Assad is a good thing for the people of Syria?
Seems like the pair of them have extended the war far beyond anything what it would have lasted.
People are leaving precisely because the war has gone on so long, not necessarily because there is a conflict per se.

Ahh..the landlord will sort it..he has a building firm..takes real good care of shit.

ANd its not a big job now that he's catching it in good time.

I'm looking forward to some nice new fresh tiles!
Damp in your walls if they just fell off.

I don't give a monkeys what it is cos I'm not the one fixing it :)

Its the grouting I reckon
If it was damp, and damp enough for the tiles to fall off, it might be bad for your health.

I don't know anything about this stuff though. The only time I've had wall tiles fall off was when an upstairs apartment flooded & the contents of their washing machine came pouring down our walls/out of our sockets & light fittings.

So Putin's continuing military support propping up Assad is a good thing for the people of Syria?
Seems like the pair of them have extended the war far beyond anything what it would have lasted.
People are leaving precisely because the war has gone on so long, not necessarily because there is a conflict per se.

Of course not but I think its safe to say that the Syrian people were better off five years ago than they are now.
Again to use the example of Libya- the war there is over (at least as far as the West is concerned) yet the country is torn apart, would Syria be any different had Assad been deposed already? I'm extremely doubtful.
As before, international politics is an absolute sewer, Russia is seeking to preserve its interests the same as any power would while Assad is seeking to preserve his own regime as any other would. Were there to be a popular uprising in Saudi Arabia tomorrow I've no doubt that the U.S. would seek to preserve the current regime and that the regime itself would have no compunction killing its own people to save itself.

would Syria be any different had Assad been deposed already?
I reckon, yes. The war would be over.
The Syrians arriving in Europe - to the best of my reading - have given up waiting the war out in refugee camps & other places and have reluctantly decided that they may never be able to return home as they had initially hoped. If the war was over, a very good number would likely be back home, rebuilding their lives.

Something like this may fix the potential house dampness problem I suggest you refer it to your landlord
dragon_house_by_aleandrus.jpg

I reckon, yes. The war would be over.
The Syrians arriving in Europe - to the best of my reading - have given up waiting the war out in refugee camps & other places and have reluctantly decided that they may never be able to return home as they had initially hoped. If the war was over, a very good number would likely be back home, rebuilding their lives.

I admit I never considered they'd just gotten sick of waiting. My main bone of contention would be that a post-Assad Syria is going to be a better place.

Presumably the most likely post-Assad Syria is one that is subsumed into IS?

That's what I'm guessing or in a 'better' scenario a Syria that fractures along ethnic/sectarian lines with warlords running riot in the absence of a strong central government.

Mightn't have all that much long to wait to find out
Islamic State takes Syrian government's last oilfield, reports say

Seemingly Russia are stepping up their involvement (nod to 7) so Assad may yet survive.

Yes. This idea that removing Assad and consequently ending the war and then everything will be better is really naive (that's being generous).

Yes. This idea that removing Assad and consequently ending the war and then everything will be better is really naive (that's being generous).
Nothing is going to be good there for a very long time, but ending the war is a start.

@pete Can we have a 'Syria' or 'Geopolitics' or some other thread for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back