Minor complaints thread (9 Viewers)

Worrying sheep is the dog-verb

2428313_2965e59d.jpg

After many years I've taken to wearing docs again. I've missed leaving little mud waffles all over the house

converse?

i've stopped wearing cons altogether, they ruin my feet - i get all pains in my lower legs when i start wearing proper shoes after converse. and i've a bad ankle that's started getting really sore for days if i do more than a few minutes walking in converse.

i don't even know how they do it but they're worse than being barefoot

I've been wearing converse for so long it took a while to get used to a heel . My back was at me for a while because of it.

That extra inch can hurt like buggery

I never wear converse because they're too narrow. Once I decided to go with style over comfort so I had to buy a pair two sizes too big to fit in them. I felt like Sideshow Bob in them.

It's really icy here, and I managed to fall down a flight of outdoor stairs that lead to the car park.
I skinned my arm all the way from wrist to shoulder, I have bruises all over my back, metal splinters in my hand and smacked my head for good measure.
Just as I my limping away, some dick beeped their car horn to make sure I didn't think I'd gotten away with it.

That was at 9, and I'm just finished work now.
:cry:

Stop with the lock ins! Next time that one asks you to work late call the Gardai on her

And get well soon

Here lads, I wasn't rared in the country, but have some experience. I thought letting two dogs go off on their own was bad form, more likely to attack sheep etc?

It's not just attacking sheep that can be the problem. Dogs can cause cattle to stampede and break through field boundaries. Calves and cows can be seriously injured, or even killed, in the chaos. It can also mean that they get out onto the road where both they and motorists are then at risk. Pregnant animals have been known to miscarry as a result of the stress.

And then there is a very good chance that the dog itself could end up seriously hurt or dead. One of our neighbours lost their beloved family pet when it got together with a few other dogs from around to chase our cattle, not for the first time, around the field. The bull killed two and another had to be put down. We didn't normally keep a bull, but there were signs up everywhere... pity dogs can't read. At least the bereaved families learned to be more aware of what their dogs were doing at night. It was difficult to feel any sympathy for them, we were just relieved that we didn't have to start patrolling at night and shooting the dogs ourselves.

Well, from people I know down that way, farmers leave poisoned meat out for them and that.

That is extremely irresponsible and reprehensible. Family pets and wild animals and birds are killed indiscriminately by posion.

farming correspondent @Squiggle probably has the inside scoop

Ha! Thanks Nooly :)

It's really icy here, and I managed to fall down a flight of outdoor stairs that lead to the car park.
I skinned my arm all the way from wrist to shoulder, I have bruises all over my back, metal splinters in my hand and smacked my head for good measure.
Just as I my limping away, some dick beeped their car horn to make sure I didn't think I'd gotten away with it.

That was at 9, and I'm just finished work now.
:cry:
:(

papergc,441x415,w,ffffff.2u7.jpg

I can't complain too much now. Looks like Hives could have cracked a rib or some lifting 3 130lb kegs (not at the same time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back