Minor complaints thread (42 Viewers)

Yeah, you wouldn't want to cheat a scrap dealer out of a few quid. Salt of the earth those guys, renowned for it in fact
u-turn.jpg

I remember hearing that UCD students union banned Viz at one point...probably this point come to think of it

Big budget films and tv shows consistently casting British actresses in Irish roles when there’s presumably a shit load of great Irish actresses crying out for these roles. The latest is Billie Piper cast as an “Irish immigrant” in Showtime’s Penny Dreadful. This show was even shot in Dublin, ffs. Other examples include Peaky Blinders, Boardwalk Empire, Philomena, Perrier’s Bounty, Intermission, Angela’s Ashes, both Veronica Guerin films and numerous others that I forget right now.

Big budget films and tv shows consistently casting British actresses in Irish roles when there’s presumably a shit load of great Irish actresses crying out for these roles. The latest is Billie Piper cast as an “Irish immigrant” in Showtime’s Penny Dreadful. This show was even shot in Dublin, ffs. Other examples include Peaky Blinders, Boardwalk Empire, Philomena, Perrier’s Bounty, Intermission, Angela’s Ashes, both Veronica Guerin films and numerous others that I forget right now.

Your thesis is weakened by the fact that you can't name any Irish actresses.
I don't know why Kerry Condon isn't super famous. But beyond her, who is there?
And isn't Cate Blanchett an Aussie?

And leave Kelly McDonald alone.

She shoulda googled her name to see if there was any other famous actresses with the same before she chose it

Hang on a second they're doing that because irish actors keep nicking jobs for every other nationality

British toff you need there Quentin ? Grand have a lad from Kerry.

What's that you say HBO you need a posh little regal bollox and an arrogant Baltimore politician ? Here have some Dubs.

What's that Joel and Ethan ? You need a bit part for an American cowboy old west type ? Here have Brendan Gleesons fucking son.

Oh a Russian child assassin and another Russian prisoner you say ? well here have a knackery castleknock lad and a young lady from Carlow.

Oh Joel and Ethan again what can i do for you ? Tough New Orleans Gangster is it, well here have a lad who's famous over here for being in Glenroe. Can he do accents ? Nope, but sure fuck it who'll notice ?

Prime minister of England mr Polanski ? Yeah no bother here have James Bond, sure you won't get much more English than that will you ? Where's he from ? Drogheda. But sure fuck it it's near the coast at least.

German mr Spielberg ? Nah, you don't want to film it in German, subtitles for fuck sake man, do it in English, and have a lad from Ballymena do the lead.

Yeah I'm sure all the talented actors from across the globe that can't get a look in are crying their eyes out in solidarity with them.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

• pete
  • Kermit McDermott
  • JohnnyRaz
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back