Minor complaints thread (14 Viewers)

At least your not making chocolate cover strawberries for a leaving cert study snack, in the hopes a teen would hate you less. I also searched and printed out the major themes of each of the books on tomorrow's exam with quotes to correspond to those themes. :/

At least your not making chocolate cover strawberries for a leaving cert study snack, in the hopes a teen would hate you less. I also searched and printed out the major themes of each of the books on tomorrow's exam with quotes to correspond to those themes. :/

She'll hate you for trying.

She wants her Dad back.

I wouldn't even try that hard with someone I fancied.

MacBeth
Catcher in the Rye
Sive

She mentioned something about Casablanca too?

In fairness, she did thank me and said, "That's the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me." I don't think she wants her dad back (no do I have him) so I think it's just general 'being a 17 year old girl' moodiness. I just want less awkward living. I'll take a smile when I can get it. She asked for some nail varnish remover the other day and we bonded on me knowing about Gossip Girl. It's only a matter of time before she gives in.

Man, reading Catcher in the Rye for leaving cert would have ruled. I read How Many Miles to Babylon? Actually, i think i read catcher that year as well anyway. Still though, studying it.

We did Hamlet, ambitious teacher or something.

We also did Dances with Wolves, as a film, which was just silly. Pretty sure I avoided that question in favour of an attempt at a philosophical rant about something or other.

We also did Dances with Wolves, as a film, which was just silly. Pretty sure I avoided that question in favour of an attempt at a philosophical rant about something or other.
We didn’t do a film. Don’t think the Christian Brothers would have approved. My English teacher did screen the aforementioned Polanski adaptation of Macbeth though which got me into his movies.

Studying films in school? What the hell? Are you all jackeen protestants?

I think it was an option in place of a novel on the then "new" English curriculum.

We also watched the Kenneth Branagh adaptation of Hamlet but that was just in an attempt to get a class full of 17 year old boys to stay interested. If I'd known about it at the time I would have recommended this -
Hamlet liikemaailmassa (1987) - IMDb

Hamlet set in a Finnish rubber duck factory

Users who are viewing this thread

• Bladez
Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back