Minor complaints thread (9 Viewers)

Is that early?
It was quarter past six when i wrote that. I know everyone in the states is in work at half six or whatever because you're all maniacs who get up at 4 to workout but in my company they're all out the door at half four on the dot.

Does anyone here get those leaving cert nightmares that are apparently very common? I don't, maybe because I got it out of my system by doing the leaving twice, or maybe because I never stressed that much over it in the first place. I sometimes dream it's first day of term in september and i'm back to repeat the year again after all these years, but generally my favorite old classmates are there as well as other nice people I've met since then and it's not so bad.

I've certainly had them. More often I have "don't have my homework done" dreams rather than leaving cert specific ones.

i've had the "on stage! with the old band! in front of an audience! AND I CAN'T REMEMBER HOW TO PLAY ANY OF THE SONGS" one. More than once.

I have them about college moreso than about the leaving. I don't think I cared enough when I was doing either of my leavings. In college though I felt constantly under pressure and didn't understand half the shit we did.

i've had the "on stage! with the old band! in front of an audience! AND I CAN'T REMEMBER HOW TO PLAY ANY OF THE SONGS" one. More than once.
I have that all the time, except I've joined sonic youth and they always finish the gig before I can get my pedals and shit working.

Another fairly regular one is becoming aware that I'm playing football with a team and that it's huge stadium and I have control of the ball and everyone is waiting for me to do something great - that's real nightmare stuff for me but for some reason these dreams turn out well and I score goals, win man of the match etc.

I have that all the time, except I've joined sonic youth and they always finish the gig before I can get my pedals and shit working.

Trick is to have been in a famous band

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I never have dreams like those above, I'm great at exams and don't care about remembering chords. As for football dreams, I went through a phase of having dreams where I would take a shot and instantly wake up because I have kicked my wife and not a ball.

I was offered a job today, but it was 10 weeks.
That's 3 offers for the same amount of time that I've had to turn down.
Fuck.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't bother if they had a better idea of what I'm like in work.
I answered the phone with a weird texas accent earlier and had to phase it out.

Last edited:
I don't get band nightmares or stage fright anymore..but that's mainly because I'm past giving a shit

I hate renting in this city. I’m paying £600 a month for a small room in a houseshare which I fucking hate. If I want to live on my own it’d be in something like that. Sometimes I’d like to burn the whole place to the ground.
Thurston Moore has moved into my neighbourhood and he's writing shitty articles about it in hipster magazines which is going to bring more twats in who are going to drive the rent up even more. I’ve seen him in the local pub with his girlfriend who's young enough to be his daughter. Thurston out!
The Quietus | Features | In Their Own Words | N16age Riot: Thurston Moore On Stoke Newington Life

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back