Minor complaints thread (7 Viewers)

I've been on the receiving end of this clique-protective hatred many times; when I dared to start drinking in The Liberty in Cork, when I had the gall to start drinking in The Foggy Dew, when I moved to Stoneybatter....well that was mostly self-loathing when I copped it had become hipster heaven and I was ''one of them"

I've been on the receiving end of this clique-protective hatred many times; when I dared to start drinking in The Liberty in Cork, when I had the gall to start drinking in The Foggy Dew, when I moved to Stoneybatter....well that was mostly self-loathing when I copped it had become hipster heaven and I was ''one of them"

Nobody really gives a shit about any of this right?

I mean we all just joke about it and do what we do.

Let's just say I know how the nerds feel when the cool kids mock them in high school movies

It's a pain that never ends

Those articles Owen Pallett keeps writing where he "explains" pop music just read like this to me

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

can you link them?
I think they're spread out on several different publications over the last few months but here's the most recent:

A Professional Musician Explains What Makes A Hit

to be fair, he's probably just trying to make a bit of money that he won't get from record sales in this day and age

The most notable thing I’ve noticed about Haim is this unique melodic thing. Their voices loooooove the 4th note (‘fa’) of the scale. They love to hit it, hold it and suspend it way longer than anyone else. The movement from the 4th note of the scale to the 3rd note — often deployed as a 4-3 suspension, Google for more — it’s full-fat, full-sugar. The richest dessert in tonal harmony.

jazz2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back