Minor complaints thread (18 Viewers)

I just got a new one from BOI. It's so boring looking and all the details are now printed on the same side.

Revolut sent me on of those with all the details on one side last year, i told them i couldn't use it because it was totally stealable in one photograph, they disagreed so i sent them a photo of it and it triggered their internal security bots straight away. I left revolut because they wouldn't issue an old school one. Anwyhooo then the credit union sent me a one sided card but i cant leave them because i owe them money, they reissued the cards in the traditional not stealable in one photo format this week. Some fucking idiot in accounting deciding they can save a tenth of a cent on card printing i suspect.

my issue with cards is that i never get more than a year out of my PTSB card before the tap functionality fails.
it's started to fail on me again and i only got this one in october.

Revolut sent me on of those with all the details on one side last year, i told them i couldn't use it because it was totally stealable in one photograph, they disagreed so i sent them a photo of it and it triggered their internal security bots straight away. I left revolut because they wouldn't issue an old school one. Anwyhooo then the credit union sent me a one sided card but i cant leave them because i owe them money, they reissued the cards in the traditional not stealable in one photo format this week. Some fucking idiot in accounting deciding they can save a tenth of a cent on card printing i suspect.
I was annoyed so googled it, found a few articles saying it was a security measure since so much tapping goes on now. You just have to not turn your card around. Defo seems suspect through. Some banks are just going numberless on the cards altogether.

Amazon will sell me a thing with a battery in it but won’t ship the battery for that thing on its own.

Was shopping for a power bank last week, to bring on our holliers, but no one online will sell to Ireland because of the whole ‘flying with lithium batteries’ malarkey.

Ended up being moot as the Aer Lingus website says they don’t allow power banks of any type (though on the same page it says they allow ‘smart luggage’ with removable power banks of up to 20,000mAh).

I added my card to my google wallet by accident, but haven't brought myself to tap the phone to buy anything yet.

I was annoyed so googled it, found a few articles saying it was a security measure since so much tapping goes on now. You just have to not turn your card around. Defo seems suspect through. Some banks are just going numberless on the cards altogether.

In general my suspicion was that some prick decided the .0001 cent it costs to emboss the cards on side and print on the other was worth striking off to get a promotion or yacht or something. I feel like i've won now anyways that the credit union pulled their cheapo cards and sent me another embossed one.

I take no joy in writing this, but Apple Pay is a game changer. Apple Pay + Apple Watch is just science fiction level business.

I do use the google version of this for the internet but dont tap the phone just yet. The phone is in my pocket, but funny enough so is my card and it has way better battery life and load times.

I do use the google version of this for the internet but dont tap the phone just yet. The phone is in my pocket, but funny enough so is my card and it has way better battery life and load times.

I've been thinking about the phone as payment option thing this week. In much the same way as about 10 years ago wearing a wristwatch was a signifier that you weren't a young person is using an actual card to pay for shit a sign of age.

I can't see the appeal at all. Most people's cards live in their phone cases anyway.

I've been thinking about the phone as payment option thing this week. In much the same way as about 10 years ago wearing a wristwatch was a signifier that you weren't a young person is using an actual card to pay for shit a sign of age.

I can't see the appeal at all. Most people's cards live in their phone cases anyway.

My phone’s in an Otterbox Defender because I have butter fingers. All my cards are in my wallet, which I only ever go for when I need my Leap card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back