Minor complaints thread (17 Viewers)

i found this:
"Over the years the speed of 56mph has often been talked about as being the optimum speed. This was due to the old fuel consumption test being run at three speeds: urban, 56mph and 75mph – and 56mph was always, unsurprisingly, the most efficient of these. Typically, cars are most efficient at 45-50mph."

my car has an average and an instantaneous readout on fuel efficiency, and the average is the one i usually leave showing on the display. i think it's averaged 5.5l/100km over the last couple of thousand kilometres, but most driving we do is open road.

There's one part of that article that is a bit misleading

AC does increase fuel consumption

HOWEVER

Using AC instead of opening windows if you've to drive a distance is gonna be more efficient.

Also on a side note

You know those cars with 5 star ratings for safety?

No car on earth with a safety rating is ever tested above 65kmh to get that rating.

And that's they offered you? That's crazy.

Either your shit or they're shit. I assume the latter. Either way, it's not a good fit for either party.

And that's they offered you? That's crazy.

Either your shit or they're shit. I assume the latter. Either way, it's not a good fit for either party.

yeah, im just crunhcing numbers here and assuming id take an offer at 10% less than what id be getting in dublin, the difference between that and their offer, weekly is only a difference of 80 euro because of silly tax bands. which isnt huge i suppose but thats not the point. also more hours can fuck right off.
i didnt move to donegal to work even more, i was hopng for less

yeah, im just crunhcing numbers here and assuming id take an offer at 10% less than what id be getting in dublin, the difference between that and their offer, weekly is only a difference of 80 euro because of silly tax bands. which isnt huge i suppose but thats not the point. also more hours can fuck right off.
i didnt move to donegal to work even more, i was hopng for less

just rang them to tell them sorry, but youre not even in the same ballprak in regards to an hourly rate. theres dublin rates and a national rate and theyre not even approaching the national rate.
apparently theyre going to discuss it but i dont really want to work for them and dont badly need it (yet) so im happy to stand by my worth even if they wont counter offer

Was scrolling tiktok and a soppy video came up (with subtitles delivering the message). It was a video of little kids playing and the text was all "0-5 is a magical time, you won't make these memories again" etc etc And I was totally into it saying yeah, i got to take a day off work to go to the playground with the kids before it's too late.

Then I turned up the volume and it was only ruddy Jordan Peterson talking. He got me good.

So, I'll start it in a Heaneyan kinda way.

I'm in this doss house. I'll get out as soon as I can.i know the owners they are great actually. And they want me out as soon as possible as well. Because for some reason they like me.

Went for a nap in my bunk this afternoon, but got woken up by some guy yapping loudly on his phone.

Obviously we're all poor people in precarious jobs, and I'm not the only one wanting a sleep at that time.

Someone starts taking the piss out of loud man's conversation. Then someone else does as well. Then I joined in.

"Then I'm going to go to college and study management"

"Oh management, that's way more interesting than sleep mate!"

Then I said "well, can you manage to fuck off and have your conversation somewhere else?"

Oh are you sleeping?

Yes I am in a bed, in a bedroom. I am sleeping.

Oh, sorry no need to be rude.

I'm not the one being rude, and fucking don't.

Also, apparently staring someone in the eye and saying "I'll fucking kill you, you cunt" is a particularly North Dublin thing. In that accent, which I can do.

Other people take it literally. I'm worried now.

very first day of school back, and someone has parked their car at the end of our driveway and toddled off (we're about 200m from a primary school). thankfully i don't need to use the car at the moment.

happens less than once a month usually. though unusual on the first day back. my neighbours up the road who live nearer the school must be driven demented.

it's gas how lazy people are. there's a scout hall directly across the road from us, and regularly at weekends you see cars parked in the bus/cycle lane directly outside, and/or half on the footpath; parents dropping off kids for scout activities. there is free public parking 80m away that they routinely ignore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back