Minor complaints thread (11 Viewers)

And then there was the gang of old Caribbeans drinking Guinness export and Wray and Nephews, at this time of day, with a very nice portable speaker, banging out the tunes. Really good bass.

I am merely adjacent.

Actually the tunes seem to be some sort of Rastafari spiritual playlist. I mean especially.

I swear I'll get back about my day shortly. They've started shouting about Millwall two nil, which I cannot unparse, so I guess it's got to that point. It's not even lunchtime.

Minor pleasure: everyone in the Costa coffee place over there is a prick.

I did a kids quiz in todays Guardian and wish to contest what they say is the correct answer for one of the questions. But then everyone will know I did a kids quiz and have such an empty existence that it has upset me.

They're lying to you Lily. The Adam and Eve thing is nonsense.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220820_092956.jpg
    Screenshot_20220820_092956.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20220820_093019.jpg
    Screenshot_20220820_093019.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 13
peugeot SUV (yea I'm an SUV wanker) with a rooftop tent on top. Its lovely to drive but speed is limited due to the roof tent. We couldn't hammer it along on the autobahn and had to sit in the right lane crawling with the trucks.

Every now and again I'd sit in convoy with trucks if I was driving stupid distances in the US. Granted the trucks over there are bigley huuuge and tend to clip along around the 65-70mph mark, but I did notice that the engine was barely ticking over and mpg indicator yoke was stuck at 99 (which I think was as high as it went). But even with the AC on, it barely looked at petrol in that mode.

That might go some of the way to explain you're really high MPG?

Every now and again I'd sit in convoy with trucks if I was driving stupid distances in the US. Granted the trucks over there are bigley huuuge and tend to clip along around the 65-70mph mark, but I did notice that the engine was barely ticking over and mpg indicator yoke was stuck at 99 (which I think was as high as it went). But even with the AC on, it barely looked at petrol in that mode.

there's lots of tractors pulling trailers of grain on the roads at the moment, and twice recently i've sat behind one on the bike and easily held 38-40km/h. in one case for 4km i think.
they're less fun when they come around the bend towards you halfway into your lane. to be fair, you'd usually hear them coming.

yeah, that's a new one on me.
what are ye on about? The Celts, who were flying around Europe about 500 years before any concept of Christianity occurred to Middle Eastern Jewish Temple Cult abstainers, of course based core parts of their belief system on Biblical stories. Which were written hundreds of years afterwards.

Its a fairly new car so very fuel efficient. I'd get 750km to a tank of gas. But there's a sweet spot where you can maximise fuel efficiency. In my car thats around 105km/h, and the limit with the roof tent is 110km/h, so it suits to drive that way.

Its a fairly new car so very fuel efficient. I'd get 750km to a tank of gas. But there's a sweet spot where you can maximise fuel efficiency. In my car thats around 105km/h, and the limit with the roof tent is 110km/h, so it suits to drive that way.

If you google what engine you have, or it might be in the documents somewhere there is a picture with torque curve on it - it'll tell you which RPM range you are getting the most torque at, which is the most efficient state of the engine - mine is around 1900-2000 Rpm so if I'm in town or in a 50 zone i'll just cruise at that rpm in whatever gear. You can use this to getter mileage in the lower limit zones.

i've always found about 80km/h is the sweet spot. being in a higher gear is more efficient from an engine efficiency viewpoint, but since air resistance squares with speed, it quickly runs into that problem.

i've always found about 80km/h is the sweet spot. being in a higher gear is more efficient from an engine efficiency viewpoint, but since air resistance squares with speed, it quickly runs into that problem.

To conserve some petrol in my old heavy fuel inefficient car im doing 80 in 100 zones and 100 in 120.
It's auto but im tempted to convert it to manual to add more control over RPM / fuel efficiency

Saving more fuel than I though.

Still inefficient mind

i found this:
"Over the years the speed of 56mph has often been talked about as being the optimum speed. This was due to the old fuel consumption test being run at three speeds: urban, 56mph and 75mph – and 56mph was always, unsurprisingly, the most efficient of these. Typically, cars are most efficient at 45-50mph."

my car has an average and an instantaneous readout on fuel efficiency, and the average is the one i usually leave showing on the display. i think it's averaged 5.5l/100km over the last couple of thousand kilometres, but most driving we do is open road.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
    The Sugar Club
    8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back