Minor complaints thread (26 Viewers)

Should I just start a "seanc work moan" thread?

Hottest day of the year so far. We set out furniture for a party or something, outside, then rearranged it again and again and again.

Client (her name was whatever but her sort has been re-christened, Karen-like, to Katie). There's always a "Katie", with a clipboard, a radio, an insta account, and no fucking clue.

We started the day with "I'm going to get Greg to see how this is laid out. Greg has the vision on this".

I don't want to talk to the guy with the vision. I want to talk to the person with the fucking plan.

I nearly punched some people. I nearly got punched. It was all I could do to retain any kind of composure. I'm far too Irish for this weather. The other lads, you could throw darts at a map of the world and that's where they're from, and they were struggling too. You can't make people do physical work in this heat over and over again just because you don't understand H&S rules, how fire exits work, how fire lanes work, how CAD works, how people who aren't privileged pricks like you work. The weather was so hot today that if we were in Australia, we'd have gone home. Katie's incompetence is a serious Health and Safety issue.
I'd be in court for murder.

i fuckign hate that bitch. on your behalf
You know, I never actually met this "Greg". Maybe he's the real villain of the piece.

It's hard to get too angry with the Katie's of this world, because they're usually in an impossible position themselves. A superiority complex that is just a show that is a defence against their inferiority complex. She's always stuck between me and my surly gang, lobbing common sense at her, a concept she that is alien to her, and some faceless fuck like "Greg", or maybe an "Esmerelda" or someone like that.

Client (her name was whatever but her sort has been re-christened, Karen-like, to Katie). There's always a "Katie", with a clipboard, a radio, an insta account, and no fucking clue.
Clipboard girls, I call them. You see them at every festival set-up, standing around doing absolutely fuck all of use to anyone with a clipboard in their hand, usually wearing wellies. The male versions often end up getting roped into lifting some crap from here to there (often cases of water), but the guys are usually just given a different job in the first place, leaving the clipboard girls to be masters of their own clipboards.

You know, I never actually met this "Greg". Maybe he's the real villain of the piece.

It's hard to get too angry with the Katie's of this world, because they're usually in an impossible position themselves. A superiority complex that is just a show that is a defence against their inferiority complex. She's always stuck between me and my surly gang, lobbing common sense at her, a concept she that is alien to her, and some faceless fuck like "Greg", or maybe an "Esmerelda" or someone like that.
They're all just corporate journeymen getting paid good corporate money for a job that consists of doing absolutely fuck all except for the 3 days of the year when their 'events' are on, and those 3 days consist of getting someone else to actually deliver the event for them whilst they stand around watching and pretending they know what they are at.

It's literally people who come out of college or whatever with a qualification involving 'event planning' or something, get themselves offered a job at somewhere like Facebook doing 'Events', they think 'class, I'm going to work for Facebook', and end up in a job that doesn't need to be there in the first place - but they still think it's great, "I work for Facebook/Google/etcetcetc"
And they're probably getting a rake of money for it anyway.

Suggested posts way outnumbering posts by people I actually follow on instagram these days. Like out of ten posts I might see two that are legit.

Is it time for Fuck Instagram? Probably has been for ages now.

Hit the "Instagram" in top left corner and click following. Usually helps but I find ya have to do it once a week now.

For my part, one view will be the ranting. Then another view will be morning after review of the ranting (Oh god, what did I write?) And then there will be several other views of the dopamine rush of getting the likes and the validation.
Then possibly, weeks later, a couple of more nostalgia based views. It's pathetic, but at least I'm honest.

The video to B-Line by Lamb isn't on Youtube.

found it on Vimeo

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I came up with a spoonerism.

Then I couldn't remember the term spoonerism, so I had to go Google "whats that thing called where you swap syllables"
And then I forgot what my spoonerism was. It was a really good one. you guys would've thrown out so many emoji's.

Yet now it is lost to the sands of time, like so much bill money and dignity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back