Minor complaints thread (29 Viewers)

well, not really a minor complaint. my monitor (work supplied) generated a minor fault but is still perfectly usable. logged a warranty call on it and the new one was dropped off today by UPS. i thought i'd have to hand the other one back, but he hoofed it without asking. great, free monitor says i.
five minutes later i see the instructions on how to return the monitor taped to the back of the box.

well, not really a minor complaint. my monitor (work supplied) generated a minor fault but is still perfectly usable. logged a warranty call on it and the new one was dropped off today by UPS. i thought i'd have to hand the other one back, but he hoofed it without asking. great, free monitor says i.
five minutes later i see the instructions on how to return the monitor taped to the back of the box.

I've done this before. You're not alone. I've done it with flat keys when moving house and with an internet router. Didn't read the letter they'd sent.

In other news, I was walking down the road, and yes I had a can o beer in hand, and some random was lobbing loads of rubbish out onto the kerb. There was loads, like he was doing a house removal or something. Rubbish collection is much more forgiving around here, so people take the piss. I didn't get in his way or anything but he still took the time to call me a "pisshead wasteman".

I said put a shirt on, and put his rubbish in the bin. Also, it's a warm evening in London, I'm not the only person walking around with a can of beer in my hand. I hope this prick has fun on Sunday.

It's alright, they're all talk. London's a terrible place to be if you're 16, male and black. But I sail through it most of the time.

I've never had anything in London that compares to waiting for a cab in my home town back in the day. Every weekend.

And people have threatened me with knives and guns. I've never seen these knives or guns. "Well, go get it then, I'll be here". Again, their all talk.

I don't like being called a wasteman by someone who's throwing rubbish out onto the street. And in my own ends.

It's alright, they're all talk. London's a terrible place to be if you're 16, male and black. But I sail through it most of the time.

I've never had anything in London that compares to waiting for a cab in my home town back in the day. Every weekend.

And people have threatened me with knives and guns. I've never seen these knives or guns. "Well, go get it then, I'll be here". Again, their all talk.

I don't like being called a wasteman by someone who's throwing rubbish out onto the street. And in my own ends.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stormzy seems like a good lad. I guess he's used the London skill of being all talk make him what he is. Instead of being a wasteman, wasting people's time on the road.

Peng vid Pete fam, get me. Spect bra bra bra bra. Mans'll get you a Nando's one day or sumfink.

Peng vid Pete fam, get me. Spect bra bra bra bra. Mans'll get you a Nando's one day or sumfink.
black london slang gets me. love it.

Someone asked me what I missed about the US, so I've been keeping a list:

- Those warm sultry evenings, where the air was still and the place was warm, were sexy and lovely. You could ride through Brooklyn or DC, people would be sitting out smoking weed and chatting, you leave your windows wide open and sleep and feel like you were part of the city, the place was calm and alive.
- The insects and birds there were lovely.
- Listening to the musicality of slang in DC and NYC. DC especially, it was a lazier sleepier flow.

black london slang gets me. love it.
Yeah it's mad isn't it. Isn't really a black ting though, I don't think. Mans is bare integrated round here, compared to Merica. New words and phrases blend into the everyday lingo very quickly here I find. And not in an appropriationistic kinda way.

I still don't understand what "allow it" means though. It's definitely important, but no idea.

"appropriationistic"

Have I just created a word? Go to bed seanc.

EDIT: It should be appropriationalistic, shouldn't it. Sorry.

Never been accosted, threatened, bullied, robbed or intimidated by any of the young gang-ish kids in 12 years here. Felt more threat from pissed up estate agents in skintight jeans and polo shirts than any of the yoof. I've seen them remorselessly bully some cunts on busses before though.

I think if a Ska Punk Show Band called the Wastemen had existed, it would've changed the course of Irish history.
I mean, are you absolutely sure he wasn't saying something nice to you?

Years ago if someone called me the shit, the bollox, or sick, that wouldn't have been good. Nowadays it'd be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back