Minor complaints thread (18 Viewers)

There's a story on the Irish Times homepage right now about an Irish kid that's been seriously injured after falling off a wall in Spain (which is terrible) and they manage to get the fact that she goes to "a private school in south Dublin" into the second sentence of the report, then give a wonderfully euphemistic explanation for the Spanish term botellón, and I can't help but wonder would a kid from anywhere else that went to a regular school get the same treatment.

The neighbours refusal to understand what goes in the recycling skips.

They literally walk past the general waste skip to walk over to the recycling skips. There's pictures on the fucking skips saying what you can and can't put in there.

Obviously this past year has made this sort of curtain-twitching more acute on my part. But still, there's fucking pictures on the fucking skips. These people have jobs and children and cars and pets.

Today’s Irish times story about an email forwarded in error by the castleknkock college past pupils union? “Fee-paying west Dublin school” in the second sentence.

Today’s Irish times story about an email forwarded in error by the castleknkock college past pupils union? “Fee-paying west Dublin school” in the second sentence.
*cough*
surprised it took this long. turns out one of the priests at our school had been moved there from a different one, because of his behaviour at the first school. we called him 'father half dead' and i'd assumed he'd had a stroke. one of the other guys i know says that there's a growing belief that instead, he'd been medicated up to the eyeballs.

Set fire to the skips

I think I might move all the recycling skips to where the regular skips are and vice versa. That or bear-traps, we'll see.

Surely it's better to throw recycling in the regular bin, than to throw regular rubbish in the recycling? Does it matter anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back