Minor complaints thread (20 Viewers)

If only the evidence on that wasn't so damn conflicting.

It's amazing that for all the science in the world we still haven't worked out the right way to eat food.

Im basically going off my my mate who built a gym and works full time as an award winning personal trainer and constantly repeats that you can't eat yourself healthy. Maybe I should revert to lifestyle magazines.

The above linked clickbait article advises to stop counting calories by eating smaller portions.

I don't think that's really true either. Unless you exercise like an Olympian. Losing weight is 90% down to what you eat.

Olympians exercise like crazy people.

I've lost a lot of weight in recent years, I have cut out a lot of shite from my diet but I still eat wedges from the deli counter a few times a week and I had a spice bag last night. But I work out 6 days a week and every Monday when I look at myself in the mirror I'm a little thinner than the previous Monday. May not work for everyone but it works for me.

Im basically going off my my mate who built a gym and works full time as an award winning personal trainer and constantly repeats that you can't eat yourself healthy. Maybe I should revert to lifestyle magazines.

The above linked clickbait article advises to stop counting calories by eating smaller portions.
If you can't eat yourself healthy then why are you arguing it's down to calories?

How is eating smaller portions bad advice to someone trying to lose weight?

I'm sorry if that article is too clickbait for you but a lot of what's in it I would agree with. Counting calories makes you obsessive and nobody should be obsessive about what they eat in my opinion. Eat for pleasure. But gaining weight is all about what you put in your mouth so if you want that to stop you probably have to cut down.

I’ve lost weight recently from eating less dairy, waaaaay less meat and less processed food. I’ve lost weight everywhere, though my gut is still a bit of an issue, but I doubt any more than your average 38 y/o man. I think I’ll need to do exercise to tone up the gut.

Cheese and bread were the hardest to cut out for me. I used to put cheese on everything and have great big slabs of it on bread at the weekend. I still have both but in moderation now.

I’ve lost weight recently from eating less dairy, waaaaay less meat and less processed food. I’ve lost weight everywhere, though my gut is still a bit of an issue, but I doubt any more than your average 38 y/o man. I think I’ll need to do exercise to tone up the gut.
Woah, I'm 37 not 38. had to check what age I was there!

How is eating smaller portions bad advice to someone trying to lose weight?

I'm sorry if that article is too clickbait for you but a lot of what's in it I would agree with. Counting calories makes you obsessive and nobody should be obsessive about what they eat in my opinion. Eat for pleasure. But gaining weight is all about what you put in your mouth so if you want that to stop you probably have to cut down.

I pointed out counting calories to someone who is already counting carbs. Agreeing with an article doesn't make it correct, Its more of a hot water bottle type article for people who want to pretend they have stopped counting calories and moved on to something else while the 5 bullet points it advocates a constant focus on what you eat through a different syntax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back