Minor complaints thread (2 Viewers)

_Katie_

Threads
I didn't think I'd actually fallen asleep but when I went to get out of my car there was a car parked behind me which wasn't there when I pulled up first. I have to say it set me up nicely for the afternoon.
Seriously the Spanish have the right idea - if we were all allowed have an hour nap during the day life would be better. Except @jonah because she hates naps.

jonah

Supporter
Threads
I don't know how anyone could hate naps. They're amazing.
Its more that naps hate me. Have never been able to find the sweet spot, so I wake up feeling like a lunatic. They ruin my day and for reasons completely unknown to me, napping sometimes makes my stomach feel weird ;_;

_Katie_

Threads
I don't know how anyone could hate naps. They're amazing.
I love naps but they make me really disorientated and I often feel really weird, sick, and groggy for the rest of the day. It throws off my circadian rhythm.

sep;9fuews?

Supporter
Threads
The trick is to have a short nap, set an alarm, 25 minutes max allowing for 5 to 10 minutes to actually fall asleep. If you fall too deeply asleep afterwards you feel shit for too long for it to be worth bothering with. There was an article in the Guardian yesterday about employers installing strategic nap rooms, I think it was in Japan. I totally get it.

egg_

Staff member
Supporter
Since 1999
Threads
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
that guardian article about eggs said:
The reason is two-fold: First, the hens themselves don't necessarily want to be in an open pasture. "You'd be surprised how few will venture out onto pasture if they have access," Mitloehner says.
This is pretty dishonest. When we've gotten rescue hens they've been very cautious about going outside at first, because it's new to them. Once they get used to the idea they're mad to be outdoors.

Getting rescue hens is kinda shocking - they're in SUCH bad condition compared to the hens we keep ourselves. A weird thing about keeping hens though - when they get old they stop laying, and then your kids won't let you kill them to make room for new ones, and so you end up keeping hens AND buying eggs

chris d

Supporter
Threads
This is pretty dishonest. When we've gotten rescue hens they've been very cautious about going outside at first, because it's new to them. Once they get used to the idea they're mad to be outdoors.

Getting rescue hens is kinda shocking - they're in SUCH bad condition compared to the hens we keep ourselves. A weird thing about keeping hens though - when they get old they stop laying, and then your kids won't let you kill them to make room for new ones, and so you end up keeping hens AND buying eggs
Cool. Get a rescue donkey next.

_Katie_

Threads
When you can't take a call in work so the same person rings you legit 30 times in row.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• The Calling
    Observer
    Sevdaliza
    The Calling

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Donate!

Total amount
€0.00
Goal
€100.00

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads