Minor complaints thread (16 Viewers)

I didn't think I'd actually fallen asleep but when I went to get out of my car there was a car parked behind me which wasn't there when I pulled up first. I have to say it set me up nicely for the afternoon.
Seriously the Spanish have the right idea - if we were all allowed have an hour nap during the day life would be better. Except @jonah because she hates naps.

The trick is to have a short nap, set an alarm, 25 minutes max allowing for 5 to 10 minutes to actually fall asleep. If you fall too deeply asleep afterwards you feel shit for too long for it to be worth bothering with. There was an article in the Guardian yesterday about employers installing strategic nap rooms, I think it was in Japan. I totally get it.

that guardian article about eggs said:
The reason is two-fold: First, the hens themselves don't necessarily want to be in an open pasture. "You'd be surprised how few will venture out onto pasture if they have access," Mitloehner says.
This is pretty dishonest. When we've gotten rescue hens they've been very cautious about going outside at first, because it's new to them. Once they get used to the idea they're mad to be outdoors.

Getting rescue hens is kinda shocking - they're in SUCH bad condition compared to the hens we keep ourselves. A weird thing about keeping hens though - when they get old they stop laying, and then your kids won't let you kill them to make room for new ones, and so you end up keeping hens AND buying eggs

This is pretty dishonest. When we've gotten rescue hens they've been very cautious about going outside at first, because it's new to them. Once they get used to the idea they're mad to be outdoors.

Getting rescue hens is kinda shocking - they're in SUCH bad condition compared to the hens we keep ourselves. A weird thing about keeping hens though - when they get old they stop laying, and then your kids won't let you kill them to make room for new ones, and so you end up keeping hens AND buying eggs
Cool. Get a rescue donkey next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back