Michael Gira (1 Viewer)

Yeah, you're right ... it's irrelevant to what actually happened but I meant that remark as a attempted humorous response to your one which was itself a humorous response to what Westberg said (and obviously also as a chance to show off the fact that I know someone famous).

My point really is that Visconti's account of Gira as some sort of unpleasant ogre-like figure (based on meeting him once) is entirely at odds with my experience. And this stuff does matter, at least in the court of public opinion (cliche alert). No-one pays attention to me (not even you lot) but plenty of people will pay attention to Visconti. If people believe Gira is a complete prick then they are more likely to believe he is capable of doing what he is being accused of doing. Similarly, if people believe Grimm is some sort of scheming mentally-unstable nut-job then they are more likely to dismiss her claims. So, it's good to see Shaney recounting his experience of meeting her.

I don't see the value in either party's character being assassinated.
visconti's little story is as irrelevant as any of his mates saying he's sound. i was reacting to the unfortunate trope of 'he's sound therefore can't have' which is a really gross cliche reaction that comes up regularly in rape cases, like the handshakes in listowel.

The sex case that divided a town and shocked a watching nation - Independent.ie

My neighbour - an otherwise intelligent woman - got completely wrapped up in that BDSM murder guy trial a while back, and similarly with the Limerick father killed by the daughter and father in the States. I was bemused.

But now I think - I have never heard as much as a note of Larkin Grimm or Swans and couldn't pick Michael G out of a lineup - so what am I doing in this thread at all?

Fuck this, roll up the window and drive on.,

I thought you were saying "rape" is what "kicked the whole thing off", I was clarifying that it was "alleged rape". Maybe you weren't saying that at all.

I wasn't being entirely serious anyway. Not all men.

I thought you were saying "rape" is what "kicked the whole thing off", I was clarifying that it was "alleged rape". Maybe you weren't saying that at all.

I wasn't being entirely serious anyway. Not all men.

Post has been changed but as I remember it was asking about what he's been accused of. Maybe I'm wrong though

Wanting to think the best of people you like and admire, or at least give them the benefit of the doubt, is not the worst thing in the world.

Wanting to think the best of people you like and admire, or at least give them the benefit of the doubt, is not the worst thing in the world.
Oh, for sure.
For me the interest is in that we mostly pride ourselves as being creatures of reason, where it's often emotion and gut that rule the roost.

well it's prejudice, it's not great like

You mean prejudiced in the legal sense? As in someone who knows or admires the defendant could never be a juror because they are prejudiced? Sure. But they might act as a character witness... for whatever that's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back