Meteor Award Winners (2 Viewers)

hanley said:
christy_dignam.jpg

Lifetime achievment?????

They probably mean having surrvived award. Aslan are the dog bollocks. Spit On Me Christy!!!!!!spit on me christy

How can oi pertect ya in this crazee wuruld

Waiting Room all the way! (havent heard Chalets)

WR's album Catering For Headphones is one of the best independent irish releases in years. (and for shock value.. ever)

true story.

It is a great album...essp that return my rabbits song. I love it. it hasn't got enough praise at all. The chalets are playing in Cork on Wed free gig

FancyGoods said:
John Hughes is the manager of the Corrs amongst other things.
He released his own album last year under the name Wild Ocean http://www.wildocean.co.uk/

He was also in a band called Minor Detail in the '70's. Think they were signed to Polygram or somthing.

maybe he should have gotten lifetime achievment award as well.
sounds like hes done more than aslan anyroads.

fuck sake i achieved more in my mothers womb.

I was at the Meteors last year with a band who were up for an award. They didn't show me gooorjis mug on de telly. Not once. So we hates them.
Despite my general disdain for all things Meteor Awardish, woo hoo for the Chalets. Whatever happens, I hope they don't attribute any future successes to the winning of this award.

go on the challottes, my favourite boy-girl-robot band.

and may i just say, what's with all this aslan bashing? pure begrudgery, that's what. i'll bet you haven't even read christy's autobiography "have ya got some herrinin or coddle, jayses but i write poems, don't touch me arse".

you pansy cunts.

For my sins I was at the awards and the highlights of the night were yer man Jim Bob (or Fruitbat) from The Chalets USM thanking the almighty Warlords of Pez at the end of their acceptance speech, and the "hugely original" Mainline walking out en masse when Angels of Mons were announced as winners of the Hope for 2006 award. And a bloke tried to "do a Jarvis" as Aslan accepted their gong, murmuring something into the mic before standing to the rear of Christy & co for a few minutes until security realised he wasn't in the band.

Among the other highlights were Juliette Lewis and the Licks who were the only performers to put anything into theiir performance.

Ed Byrne was crap. As was Snoop. It was also the coldest ever "gig" I have ever attended. Bloody freezing it was.

HalfHunter said:
do you know a guy called teabag from cork? think he is mates with waiting room, i heard he invaded the stage when aslan were picking up their award.

haha! i dont know if alan knows him, i only know of him, but if he did thats pretty hilarious!

Alan Latchley said:
For my sins I was at the awards and the highlights of the night were yer man Jim Bob (or Fruitbat) from The Chalets USM thanking the almighty Warlords of Pez at the end of their acceptance speech, and the "hugely original" Mainline walking out en masse when Angels of Mons were announced as winners of the Hope for 2006 award. And a bloke tried to "do a Jarvis" as Aslan accepted their gong, murmuring something into the mic before standing to the rear of Christy & co for a few minutes until security realised he wasn't in the band.

Among the other highlights were Juliette Lewis and the Licks who were the only performers to put anything into theiir performance.

Ed Byrne was crap. As was Snoop. It was also the coldest ever "gig" I have ever attended. Bloody freezing it was.

when is it on the telly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back