New Colour Soul nominated for Meteor Music Award! (1 Viewer)

jenko

Monday, 21 February 2005. For immediate release…

Following a year of unprecedented independent success, Dublin band
new colour soul have been honoured by the music industry with a nomination for 'Best Irish Newcomer' in this years Meteor music awards. The awards, which take place in the Point Theatre on the 24th February are among the most prestigious in the music industry calendar, and will see the funksters rubbing shoulders with Snoop Dogg, REM, U2 and a host of other stars. The best newcomer category is voted by members of the music industry, with previous winners including the Future Kings of Spain and JJ72.

new colour soul were formed in late 2003 by vocalist/guitarist Adrian Best and drummer Andrew Jenkinson, and later joined by Dubliners Robbie Ward and Gary Moran (keys / bass) and Polish sax duo Bronek Szalanski and Eva Gigon the band quickly became known for their infectious onstage energy and recieved accolaides as one of most explosive acts on the live music scene.

2004 saw new colour soul produce and promote their first commercial release, the infectious 'Life's A Party', which stormed into the Irish top 20 in its first week. A nationwide tour arranged by GigSmart Ireland that consisted of 25 shows in 11 days secured a top chart position for a number of weeks, affirming the bands staying power.

Since then new colour soulhave made numerous appearances on national radio and television and have received a flurry of press coverage. In late 2004 US Grammy Award Winners Ozomatli personally invited the band to open up for them at their sell-out shows in Dublin's Crawdaddy and Irish heroes Aslan requested new colour soulto warm the crowd on their nationwide tour.

With support coming from many heavy hitters in the music industry,a legion of fans that grows at each live show and a debut album due for release mid 2005, the future looks bright for new colour soul.

new colour soul will be releasing their debut album in mid 2005. For more information contact Andrew of JFunk management on 0879480090 or [email protected].

Full scale images available at www.aaaphotos.org/newcoloursoul

newcoloursoul8564web.jpg

jenko said:
the band quickly became known for their infectious onstage energy
I was talking to Huggy Bear last night (he was shining my shoes).
Anyway, he tells me that New Colour Soul use their "infectious onstage energy" to power their amps and PA when onstage.

AAA Golden Maverick said:
I was talking to Huggy Bear last night (he was shining my shoes).
Anyway, he tells me that New Colour Soul use their "infectious onstage energy" to power their amps and PA when onstage.

True story. ;)

hag said:
how come there's absolutely no mention of this on the meteor site?

Dunno to be honest, we were called on Friday about this, and the awards are on Thursday, so the whole thing is a bit last minute.

You can call MCD for clarification if ya like ;)

jenko said:
Dunno to be honest, we were called on Friday about this, and the awards are on Thursday, so the whole thing is a bit last minute.

You can call MCD for clarification if ya like ;)
i wouldn't accept an award that was made up at the last minute if i was you... i mean what's the difference between your category and the category the radio etc is in? sounds like a pile of industry wankbag to me. but hey, if it makes you happy, congratulations. sounds like someone figured out the thing as it stood would only make up 20 minutes of airtime instead of 25 and lo............

hag said:
i wouldn't accept an award that was made up at the last minute if i was you... i mean what's the difference between your category and the category the radio etc is in? sounds like a pile of industry wankbag to me. but hey, if it makes you happy, congratulations. sounds like someone figured out the thing as it stood would only make up 20 minutes of airtime instead of 25 and lo............

Hey man, it's a free night out as far as i'm concerned, so happy days!

A

jenko said:
Hey man, it's a free night out as far as i'm concerned, so happy days!

A
yeah, totally. any chance you're going to get to 'say a few words'? and if so, is there any chance i could be in your band for just one night? man, i'd love to say a few words to that crowd. imagine it...

me: "you're all cunts. you don't have any idea what music is about..."

crowd: "aaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha, who let the disgruntled internet job head in...........aaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha. more champagne?"

no, but seriously, what an opportunity to something really disgusting.

hag said:
yeah, totally. any chance you're going to get to 'say a few words'? and if so, is there any chance i could be in your band for just one night? man, i'd love to say a few words to that crowd. imagine it...

me: "you're all cunts. you don't have any idea what music is about..."

crowd: "aaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha, who let the disgruntled internet job head in...........aaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha. more champagne?"

no, but seriously, what an opportunity to something really disgusting.

Yeah, it'd probably come off like some Fiona Apple pretentious lunacy though - unless you just socked the person presenting the awards or somethin.

avernus said:
Yeah, it'd probably come off like some Fiona Apple pretentious lunacy though - unless you just socked the person presenting the awards or somethin.
i was thinking of doing a shit on the stage or something... what a powerful image.

hag said:
i was thinking of doing a shit on the stage or something... what
a powerful image.

are you in New Colour Soul now? I don't think it was a wise PR move to let you in their band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back