metalireland + nazis (1 Viewer)

hitlercat.jpg

i'm nearly sure that happened.even have the person in mind that i think was banned.90%
for the most part the homophobia never goes beyond the level of ''band x are fucking gay''...''artwork x is fucking bent''....''guy x in band x is a gay'',i've never seen much worse

In that case it's ok.
Kinda like when that movie made here got a bad review in some metal mag,and half of metalireland got really pissed off at how it was slagging off the irish. In other words,don't stereotype the irish,that's not on,but it's ok when talking about them gays.

to be honest i personally wouldn't get particularly fucked off at metalireland over something that's prevalent in many parts of society and isn't a product of/or just relegated to one metal forum.
the type of stuff i've seen i wouldn't consider malicious or offensive,mostly just makes the poster look a bit juvenile.

edit:whoever started that topic on metalireland never posted there before posting it up...maybe part of the reason it was locked

It's the fact that when it's brought up there it's not allowed to be discussed. While at the ame time claiming freedom of speech that annoys me.
I know what you mean about it being prevalent in society as a whole. I confront the same comments in work or wahtever as well,it's not like i'm picking on MI.

Really? Homophobia seems totally acceptable on metalireland. Every other criticism of something on that forum is that it 's gay.

yeah, and it's a fact that noone in the punk scene in Dublin has ever referred to anything as "gay" ever obviously, because they don't do it online?

You should know better than that Gary.

I can't help thinking people are so quick to have a go at metalireland for being homophobic yet never pick punks up on it.If I had a penny for every time I've heard younger kids at gigs refer to stuff is "gay" or "bent" I'd be rich, but god forbid we deal with the punk scene when those wacky metallers are around, eh? There's no dodgy behaviour in the punk/hardcore scene ever, it's all metallers.

this thread is a load of fucking bullshit

Jamie,I never claimed punk or eirecore was perfect,I think my first comment on here stated that. And I have questioned people about using terms such as gay/queer on eirecore.
The big difference is that the subject gets brushed under the rug on metalireland. The discussion however bullshit it is has been allowed to continue here.

agreed, sorry Gary, I actually re read your post there aftered I'd calmed down and I see your point. I still stick by what I said though, it seems a lot of people would rather look down on people outside the punk scene for certain behaviour while laughing it off in the punk scene.

Like no-one called gazzer up on starting his anti-metal thread by saying metal was "bent", yet we're all here discussing metallers being out of order for calling things they don't like "gay". Same thing no?

agreed, sorry Gary, I actually re read your post there aftered I'd calmed down and I see your point. I still stick by what I said though, it seems a lot of people would rather look down on people outside the punk scene for certain behaviour while laughing it off in the punk scene.

Like no-one called gazzer up on starting his anti-metal thread by saying metal was "bent", yet we're all here discussing metallers being out of order for calling things they don't like "gay". Same thing no?

Yeah,fair enough. It sometimes comes from how well you know the person posting the comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back