metalireland + nazis (1 Viewer)

I'm not gonna bring it up on metalireland. I have tried it before and basically you just get people saying stuff like "I don't care about their beliefs, politics, etc once the music is good".

yeah the complete lack of debate is annoying alright. I know there are plenty of bands I like who are seen as being dodgy (varying from Bad Brains to Whitehouse), and I've used the "the music is enough for me" excuse before which always feels like a cop out but genuinely, if something blows me away nowadays I'm a lot less inclined to worry about wether it's politically right on or not. I'm comfortable enough with my own beliefs that I can not feel like I'm going to be tainted by owning a record by a band whose stance I disagree with. That's something that's changed over the years with me - like I remember writing a scathing review of Regurgitate where I condemned them for being mysoginists a few years back. Nowadays, on a musical level, I fucking love Regurgitate, still not mad about the lyrics though.

Part of the reason I think they don't like these kinda debates on MI, however, is that maybe a lot of folks out there haven't thought it through like that though.There are some very intelligent, articulate people that post on that board, and (like here) a lot of people that just go on to wind folks up.And it's the latter bunch that would take over a thread like that I reckon.

especially since bad brains are shite anyway...

what?! For years I tired my best to hate the bad brains (anyone remember Active Minds song 'Very Bad Brains'?) but then i just let myself forget about all that dodgy stuff and realise they are one of the best bands ever, bit of a turn around for sure.:p

I think it's pretty hard to draw a line under what I will/wont listen to, I love so much early rock n roll and alot of people involved with that were pretty sketch, jerry lee lewis married his 13 year old cousin for fucksake, chuck berry with his video recording women in toilets, iggy pop and his countless relationships with 14 year old girls and so on...

oh yeah and ike turner :p

If it counts for anything,I'm pretty sure Bad Brains have apologised for past naivity
One of the things that cracks me up about the metal ireland and any dodgy lyrics thing is that as soon as it comes up,it's countered with freedom of speech arguments,then,the thread gets locked. Exactly who does have freedom of speech then?

what?! For years I tired my best to hate the bad brains (anyone remember Active Minds song 'Very Bad Brains'?) but then i just let myself forget about all that dodgy stuff and realise they are one of the best bands ever, bit of a turn around for sure.:p
i don't know why everyone loves them so much, can't fuckin stand em

There are some very intelligent, articulate people that post on that board, and (like here) a lot of people that just go on to wind folks up.And it's the latter bunch that would take over a thread like that I reckon.
That's the beginning and end of the argument as far as I'm concerned. Anyone who knows anything about Metalireland would know how quickly a thead like that would descend into stupidity. So it was locked, rightly so.
If you enjoy watching teenagers bicker, then I could see why you'd want the thread to remain open. Otherwise what's the point.
Most of the MI users are thick as fuckin planks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back