metalireland + nazis (2 Viewers)

The whole metal /dodgy lyrics thing has been going on forever. But homophobia is way more obvious.
A very broad generalisation of metal would be that the music comes first for a lot of the fans. And in the vast ,vast majority of the cases I don't think the people who listen to bands with dodgy lyrics agree with them as such,but many do tolerate them. It's the tolerence and the return argument that anyone who disagrees is a nazi for not allowing freedom of speech that annoys me. It is an argument that will never be resolved. And I don't(if I'm aware) support any events/releases that tolerate the dodgy bands. But where is the line to be drawn? Do I not go to a metal gig because the promoter has had dodgy bands in the past etc? It's a tough one ,and punks can be just as guilty as anyone of all the crap the metal scene is accused of. Punk is certainly no utopia.

it's not a punk song but i thought the line 'a fortitude of hearts and minds' (kingdom - vnv nation) was 'aborted chewed-up hearts and minds'

::clef::return o' the lobster
grab it and take it it's yours
return o the lobster
never mind those dirty big claaaws::clef::

it's not a punk song but i thought the line 'a fortitude of hearts and minds' (kingdom - vnv nation) was 'aborted chewed-up hearts and minds'

::clef::return o' the lobster::clef::
ha ha ,sounds like a good punk song title,dont think janer would like it.

metalireland and nazis is a bit of a bad name for this thread.
sure i'm pretty sure theres been people banned off the site for saying totally out of line stuff.
and i can't think of one 'neo nazi' that posts there.

I think it's fair enough,after all,the locked thread on MI was about nazis. But remember,that's so 2001. Now it's not up for discussion,don't mention it and maybe it'll go away.

Dodgy bands are an endless form of amusement.

That track Love/Hate off Dystopia's album Human=Garbage is the most misogynistic track I've ever heard.
Every fucking crusty, man or wimmyn, loves that album to bits, so they're clearly closet wife beaters.

metalireland and nazis

I agree. I should have thought about it a little more before I posted it. I was pretty pissed off to be honest and I came on here to see if I was just imagining things..... I seem to be judging by some of the replies here.

I'm not gonna bring it up on metalireland. I have tried it before and basically you just get people saying stuff like "I don't care about their beliefs, politics, etc once the music is good".

dunno,about the only band i can think of that might be considered 'dodgy' that gets talked about on that forum on any kind of regular basis is burzum.strangely enough none of the records have any racist or fascist lyrics, the guy who did the band happened to be a fucking nut.
the amount of people in the punk scene that wear darkthrone shirts or patches, they said some pretty 'dodgy' stuff in the early 90s too.
I have tried it before and basically you just get people saying stuff like "I don't care about their beliefs, politics, etc once the music is good".
go argue with any music department in any college in ireland about including wagner on their syllabus,i'm sure they'll just say they feel the music is valuable whatever about him as a person.

my opinion used to be totally different about stuff like this,but whatever,you live and learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back