Meet the parents (1 Viewer)

nEiLo

Website
www.lazybird.org
This evening, I am going to meet my girlfriend's parents for the first time. I am just wondering if you lot have any embarassing stories about meeting your significant other's ma and pa.

I'm not too worried about it really. Parents seem to like me (even my own).

Your thoughts and experiences please.

First time I met my exes parents I had the goods of a bottle of Southern Comfort and a sneefy drop of buckfast in me. We'd been smoking really strong weed in his bedroom and his parents came home unexpectedly early. He went downstairs and I could hear them giving him shit so I pounded down the stairs, ran past his auld one, kissed his da on the cheek and ran out the front door without introducing myself.
They loved me so they did.

compliment the house
pet all and any animals, no matter how gross and distasteful you find them
eat all and anything that is offered to you and say how delicious you find it
be chatty and discuss things such as football with the da and how nice the garden is with the ma.

nEiLo said:
This evening, I am going to meet my girlfriend's parents for the first time. I am just wondering if you lot have any embarassing stories about meeting your significant other's ma and pa.

I'm not too worried about it really. Parents seem to like me (even my own).

Your thoughts and experiences please.

I still haven't met me blokes folks after two and a half years due to a mixture of shyness and laziness. They thought I was imaginary until his sister (who I did meet) confirmed I existed.

kirstie said:
compliment the house
pet all and any animals, no matter how gross and distasteful you find them
Yep the pet thing never fails when there is no conversation. Ask what they eat and how much they like to sleep and how old they are and..........................................................................

Jaysis! My mother just would Simply Not Stand For That. There would have been a Summoning before many moons had passed.

I had to fly to London to meet my inlaws. That was slightly nerve wracking though they were extremely nice to me, and always have been.

Actually Neil - ha ha, that's not the worst of it, wait till your parents have to meet hers, now, that's nerve wracking.

spiritualtramp said:
I still haven't met me blokes folks after two and a half years due to a mixture of shyness and laziness. They thought I was imaginary until his sister (who I did meet) confirmed I existed.

Oh yeah, if you're nice to the dog / deaf smelly cat they'll love you. Anyway I like all forms of animals barring spiders and horses, so that's grand.

kevin gallen said:
Yep the pet thing never fails when there is no conversation. Ask what they eat and how much they like to sleep and how old they are and..........................................................................

If they ask you do dance for them, do it. It's best to have one prepared.

Sometimes an old song will do the trick. I don't think Vera Lynn is on the Internet, so you may have to settle with humming a Gershwin number.

Oh! And remember to cut your hair and get a job.

I was meeting one ex's folks for the first time and got the father a very nice bottle of whiskey, only to find out himself and the wife were ex-alcoholics of the only-very-recently-exed variety. It was a conversation starter anyways.

Oh yes, VG point - don't turn up with one hand as long as the other. Lavish them with fine wines and chocolates etc.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I was meeting one ex's folks for the first time and got the father a very nice bottle of whiskey, only to find out himself and the wife were ex-alcoholics of the only-very-recently-exed variety. It was a conversation starter anyways.

The first time I encountered my boyfriends parents was after one of his gigs when we hadn't been going out for long. I didn't know they had been at the gig or anything, so I ran over to him outside the venue after the gig, only to realise that the two people he was talking to were his old pair, so I away again without saying a word to anyone. Subtle.

kirstie said:
Oh yes, VG point - don't turn up with one hand as long as the other. Lavish them with fine wines and chocolates etc.
Yeah, i'd a box of chox for the ma aswell, whickey/chox was my standard up to that point. Now i tend to ask in advance for everyone's sake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back