Mate got a hiding Saturday night (3 Viewers)

Break Neck Speed said:
Sorry to hear that. Me and my missus got same shit this time last year. Those boys got sentenced though. Compo deadline is up on 18 april and if they dont pay up its off to jail. I dont care either ways. just glad some scum got some punishment. We should all just pick a fight with every knacker and scum bag we know, tell each one that you'll meet them in tesco car park at 5pm this evening and petrol bomb the lot of em when they arrive. Ive always wondered though, that if all the scum and knacks were killed in the morning who would become the new scum?

Non-violent hate mongers, I'd say

Random street violence is rotten and upsets me.

But for loads and loads of people it's (violence) just part of everyday life, at home like, which saddens me even more.

Stressballs for everyone

two words: shock collars
yeah ive a genuine fear of town these days.
never had anything happen to me. there was a few times when id be wearing a flamboyant shirt or something and id get a few threats. its that shit i dont like. just wear camoflauge and they cant see you.

I was once walking past Christchurch wearing a vintage 70's Le Croix tan single breasted suit with a cerise pink shirt, as was my style when I was 18.
As I approached the crest of the hill, a bunch of burly ner do wells came into view, approaching on the other side of the street. Rightly mocking our clothing they began to cross the road... "HE-AH" (here) one of them kept saying as he approached, to which I kept replying "Yeah, what!"
My "friends", sensing an imminent beating, began walking double pace in the opposite direction.
It was only when the alpha male got close enough did I actually realise he was saying "Queer" and not "here".
I managed to say "What, I'm not qu.." before a bottle was administered to my head with some force. Got a bit of work to the body to balance it out too.

Had too laugh about the unfortunate mix up in communication later though.

I was drinking in a dodgy pub in Dundee - had that cloak of invincibility/stupidity that you seem to have when you're student and don't know any better, probly stops you getting a hiding actually.. cos they can't smell any fear from you.. anyway - in a dodgy pub in Dundee and a brick came flying thru the window.. and rather than call the police the (huge, nasty lookin) barman says to us 'look after the bar a sec there pal wood yees' and runs out the door picking up the brick on the way.

Now about ten minutes later (ten minutes of us not being stupid enough to stop any of the locals filling up their pints for free) the guy comes back in...

..with the brick that now has blood on it..

Good times.

Family issues appeal on missing man (21)
Last updated: 14-03-06, 15:19
A Dublin family has appealed for the public's help in tracing a 21-year-old man who was last seen in the Temple Bar area of the city in the early hours of Saturday.
Richard (Richie) Wellwood from Rathmines is described as
6' 3'' or 6' 4'', well built with brown hair. He was wearing blue jeans and a black-and-white Nike top when last seen.
richardwellwood.gif
Richard Wellwood
An appeal issued by the Wellwood family said Richard came into the city centre from the UCD students' bar on Friday night, March 10th. He went to Club M in Blooms Hotel.
Gardaí have established that Richard was last seen in Westmoreland Street outside Abrakebabra at 3.37 am.
"After the nightclub closed Richard became separated from his friends. Based on CCTV pictures he walked down Fleet St. onto Westmoreland St. and turned left towards O'Connell Bridge between 3:30 and 4am on Sat. 11th March," the appeal states.
"From this point we are asking for help in tracing his movements. If anybody remembers seeing him at any stage that night or has seen him since then please could they contact Pearse St. Garda station on 01 6669000."
"Remember no matter how small you think the piece of information may be it could be of some assistance to the investigation so please call

clonan attack said:
A Dublin family has appealed for the public's help in tracing a 21-year-old man who was last seen in the Temple Bar area of the city in the early hours of Saturday.
6' 3'' or 6' 4'', well built with brown hair. He was wearing blue jeans and a black-and-white Nike top when last seen.
richardwellwood.gif
Richard Wellwood
An appeal issued by the Wellwood family said Richard came into the city centre from the UCD students' bar on Friday night, March 10th. He went to Club M in Blooms Hotel.
Gardaí have established that Richard was last seen in Westmoreland Street outside Abrakebabra at 3.37 am.
"After the nightclub closed Richard became separated from his friends. Based on CCTV pictures he walked down Fleet St. onto Westmoreland St. and turned left towards O'Connell Bridge between 3:30 and 4am on Sat. 11th March," the appeal states.
"From this point we are asking for help in tracing his movements. If anybody remembers seeing him at any stage that night or has seen him since then please could they contact Pearse St. Garda station on 01 6669000."
"Remember no matter how small you think the piece of information may be it could be of some assistance to the investigation so please call

This is dreadful. :(
Really hope it all works out.

I'd just like to say Gash (my mate) is feeling a little bit better this evenng, he was even witg it enough to ask how things were going with me and the lass.

I'm gonna tell him the good people of thumped have been asking for him.

Yissir .|..|

aoifed said:
Stressballs for everyone

Those Chinese worry balls work a treat.

Some freaky stories going around but never had any sort of trouble in town myself. The only time I ever got the head kicked off me was in Crumlin, and you'd be half expecting it there anyway.

Fuck fucking town.

anyone ever experience the phone-steal-knacker-sandwich-wack-n'-dash?
i did. twice. survived both.
it goes like this..
youre sitting havin a bite to eat for breakie on the bench on the boardwalks. one big fat tall angry mean tough scumbag sits on your left.
one tiny nimble fast ugly young stupid scumbag on your right.
you sit and worry a little. they look at you for a while.
big one asks, " here budddddd. have you got the tiiiimmmeeeee?"
innocent person is sposed to take out phone( cos watches dont exist these days) and when he/she does, the big one belts you in the head and strangles you whilst the little shit runs off with your mobile. then the large fucker administers a swift blow to the gut region( winding the bejayzus outta ya) and waddles away.
THING IS. id heard of this. and knew what was going on. so i realised we were sitting across from the giant clock on the heineken building on the quays and said, " yeah theres a clock up there. "then i proceeded to get up and leg it like a little girl. gstereo ONE . scum ZERO.

i had a weeks wages in my bag and ipod and other things.

quick thinking there g-stereotypical. i was mugged three years ago around the corner from my house in glasnevin and i'll never forget it as long as i live cos the guy grabbed me and shook me. he didn't hit me but just the feeling of some fuckbag putting their hands on you is bleedin awful. he only got my phone but according to the guards i was "lucky" and "it could have been worse" so i should just get over it cos they were never gonna find him.deadly.shook me up for a long time so i can only imagine how awful the recklessones mate feels after getting a hiding.

i'd recommend taking a self defence class like krav maga or something like that cos it actually works and you learn quick effective ways of getting yrself out of difficult situations.it worked for me anyway and gave me my self confidence back and when a scummer tried to mug me on fade street i punched him square on the jaw and floored him and ran away.

then got on the bus and cried like a big girl on the phone to my boyfriend..being grant or phil mitchell must be so tough.

you must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cpr again.
i was thining awww.thats terrible.till the bit where you socked him one.then i was like YEAH YEAH! AAWWWLLRIIIGHIT

roxy said:
Not any more. Was there for four years. What a no-man's land.

Do they still have the DITSU thongs displayed on the tree stump behind the glass down in the Students' Union shop?

Do the lecturers continue to avoid showing up?

Yeah, all that stuff. Its an awful place. I'll be finished with that place in just 2 short months. That's if I don't fail anything. Which is very likely.

richardwellwood.gif
Richard Wellwood

When I left the house earlier a young country guy came up to me with that poster, seemingly a college mate. I really really really wanted to say something nice and encouraging, but instead i just blubbered something like "bluh bluh bluh, uhh,read.on.internet."
But god, it broke my heart. I really hope that works out ok.

Rapid victory stories CPR and G-dude.
I hate to sound like a nagging ninnygoat but anyone could be carrying a filthy syringe on em, and even if they aint and you get into a bit of rough and tumble with someone with Hepatitis or the virus....... just bigi curamach.

yr dead right aoife, i thought about that afterwards and that made me really regret engaging the guy cos you never know what could happen. i think i just panicked and before i knew it i punched him. i had just lost my job you see and had two hundred euro in my bag and knew i just couldn't afford to let the junkie scum have it. but in hindsight the best thing is to shout and scream for help and try run away quickly. that's what i would do now anyway.

cpr said:
i'd recommend taking a self defence class like krav maga or something like that cos it actually works and you learn quick effective ways of getting yrself out of difficult situations.

Yeah, they work really well, muggers etc don't expect resistance, even if you step on their toe it'll give you that split second you need to get the fuck outta there. Some of the self defence stuff is so simple, it totally worthwhile.
Also, running away screaming is the best defence. Feeling like a sissy is much better than feeling like a sissy who's gotten battered.

Of course, all the self-defence in the world is no use to ya if you're drunk off your tits, you gotta remember that when you're in town, keep your wits somewhat about you.

running away is the best thing to do, if bruce lee taught us anything in enter the dragon when he is training the jungfella at the start. i have the girliest run of all time by the way!

TenRabbits said:
I was drinking in a dodgy pub in Dundee - had that cloak of invincibility/stupidity that you seem to have when you're student and don't know any better, probly stops you getting a hiding actually.. cos they can't smell any fear from you.. anyway - in a dodgy pub in Dundee and a brick came flying thru the window.. and rather than call the police the (huge, nasty lookin) barman says to us 'look after the bar a sec there pal wood yees' and runs out the door picking up the brick on the way.

Now about ten minutes later (ten minutes of us not being stupid enough to stop any of the locals filling up their pints for free) the guy comes back in...

..with the brick that now has blood on it..

Good times.

i was waiting for me mot in some quite obviously dodge pub in wales a few weeks ago. she was taking forever. anyways, while i was waiting for her
conversation in the bar turned to "DOES THIS LOOK LIKE SOME KIND OF MUGGY PUB YOU JUST WALK INTO?????"

oh boy.

GORILLAMUNCH said:
i was waiting for me mot in some quite obviously dodge pub in wales a few weeks ago. she was taking forever. anyways, while i was waiting for her
conversation in the bar turned to "DOES THIS LOOK LIKE SOME KIND OF MUGGY PUB YOU JUST WALK INTO?????"

oh boy.
Only one thing to do in that case: shit in yer pants an' dive in and swim!
180px-Ltierney2.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back