Marriage Equality Referendum (1 Viewer)

How will you vote?

• Yes

Votes: 43 91.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Undecided (/ I am a moron)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I probably won't bother to actually vote because I'm a selfish prick

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I often wonder if things would be simpler of marriage was removed from the constitution and replaced with civil partnership, let the church have the word marriage to do what they like with and stop the practice of signing the register in the church.

I thought that at one stage too, but fuck it, give them nuthin.

I still think civil partnership should have been open to straight people too.

11205997_10152880666511693_8907641774131556798_n.jpg
This is funny and all that........
but....

There's a lot of defacing of No posters
Ripping down No posters
Haranguing No campaigners
That thing in Waterford whispers yesterday etc.

Pretty poor behaviour, Wouldn't be tolerated in other circumstances, not sure why the yes side get away with it this time.

I've been canvassing in Limerick and overall there is a higher number of people saying Yes, than No. The gap is nowhere as big as I expected though.
Most of the arguments have been "Think of the children/I do not want you pedophiles adopting innocent children", "You already have civil partnerships", "You're all dirty sodomites and will go to hell", "The government are for it, so I'm against it".
It's been fun.

Some of the Yes posters around here have been covered with paint and a bit NO painted over it.
The Yes Equality group are not behind things happening to the No posters.That is being done be individual members of the public off their own back.
We've been giving very clear instructions on what to say, how to behave, don't go off topic etc etc. It's almost an apologetic campaign "I don't mean to bother you, but would you mind terribly giving everyone the same rights? No? Ok, thanks anyway".

The past few weeks have really gotten to my daughter. She normally doesn't give a fuck what other people say, but it's hard when there are posters all over the place saying that her family is inherently wrong.
She's being raised by a queer single mother, her dad left the country years ago and now she's being told that she will be never be quite right because of this.
The No campaigners are bigoted homophobic bastards, hiding behind a veil of religious misinterpretation.

Basically they can just go fuck themselves.

Last edited:
First families first? Does it mean the families of American Presidents get special treatment? Well I say fuck that. You're muddying the waters John.

John Waters said:
Now consider that there are half a million children of school-going age in full-time education who are the children of single fathers. That amounts to close to a million people and they are completely ignored.

presuming they all have different fathers. figure might be closer to 500,001
*actual number of single fathers in 2011 census: 29,031

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back