mad dogs and eh... (1 Viewer)

frambosenshmak

Website
Visit site
..crazy owners.

this is on a site dedicated to a family pet that is so missed that it has sent the owner loo la to post up..... wait for it......

The Last Will of a Distinguished Dog I, Shane Michael McCann, because the burden of my years are heavy upon me, and I realize the end of my life is near, do hereby, bury my my last will and testament in the mind of my master. He will not know it is there until after I am gone. Then, remembering me in his loneliness, he will suddenly know of this testament, and and I ask him then, to inscribe it as a memorial to me.
I have little in the way of material things to leave. Dogs are wiser than men. They do not set great store upon things. They do not waste their days hoarding property. They do not ruin their sleep worrying about how to keep the objects they have, and to obtain the objects they have not. I have nothing of value to bequeath, except my love and my faith. These I leave to all those who have loved me, to my master and mistress who I know will mourn me the most, and to Buck, who will be lost without my guidance...But, if I were to list all those who loved me, it would force my master to write a book, as I have always been a extremely lovable dog.
I ask my master and mistress to remember me always, but not to grieve for me too long. In my life, I have tried to be a comfort to them in times of sorrow, and a reason for added joy in their happiness. Let them remember that while no dog has had a happier life, and this I owe to their love and care for me; now that I have grown blind and weak, my pride has sunk to a sick, bewildered humiliation. I feel life is taunting me with having over-lingered my welcome. It is time I said goodbye, before I become too sick, a burden on myself and on those who love me. It will be a sorrow to leave them, but not a sorrow to die. Dogs do not fear death as men do. We accept it as a part of life.
What may come after death, who knows? I would like to believe that there is a paradise, where one is always young, where there are jack rabbits who run fast, but not too fast, where every blissful hour is mealtime, where in the long evenings there are a million fireplaces with logs forever burning, and one curls up and dreams, remembering the old brave days on earth, and the love of one's master and mistress. I am afraid this is too much for even such a dog as I am to expect. But, peace, at least, is certain. Peace and long rest for weary old heart, head and limbs, and eternal sleep in the earth I have loved so well. Perhaps, after all, this is best.
One last request, I ernestly make. I have heard my mistress say, "When Shane dies, we must never have another dog. I love him so much, I could never love another one." Now I ask her, for love of me, to have another. It would be a poor tribute to me to never have a dog again. What I would like to feel is that, having once had me in the family, now she cannot live without a dog! I have never had a narrow jealous spirit. I bequeath to him my collar and leash, and hereby wish him the happiness I know will be his in my old home.
One last word of farewell, dear master and mistress, whenever you visit my grave, say to yourselves with regret, but also with happiness in your hearts, at the remembrance of my long happy life with you. "Here lies one who loved us, and whom we loved." No matter how deep my sleep, I shall hear you, and not all the power of death can keep my spirit from wagging a grateful tail.

you can see the rest for yourself here:
http://users.ap.net/~chenae/shane.html

johnnystress said:
This is sad

and also

sad

judge.jpg

i'm going to throw this one out of court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back