I think I'm coming round to the stratocaster (1 Viewer)

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
I should note, that there's nothing actually wrong with these.View attachment 14840
I bought a set of locking ones in that style that are ideal and were cheap as chips. You can spend more though. I think I got mine on aliexpress. I wouldnt have a strat without locking tuners..my yokes never go outta tune

also Anto,does your tremolo have a solid steel block? If not you defo need one of them!

Last edited:

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
I bought a set of locking ones in that style that are ideal and were cheap as chips. You can spend more though. I think I got mine on aliexpress. I wouldnt have a strat without locking tuners..my yokes never go outta tune

also Anto,does your tremolo have a solid steel block? If not you defo need one of them!
I think so.

prefuse

This is my strat. A 1993 special edition US bought in 1997. I never really liked the colour but I bought it because it sounded really good unplugged. I didn't know much about guitars back then, but I thought that was a good sign. I was going to change the scratch plate to give it different look. But years ago I super glued the volume & tone knobs on because they we're loose. I broke one ages ago trying to take it off. The tortoise scratch plate is just sitting on the strings. I like the look of it against the dark green.

20210514-184452-resized.jpg

20210514-184703-resized.jpg

JohnnyRaz

This is my strat. A 1993 special edition US bought in 1997. I never really liked the colour but I bought it because it sounded really good unplugged. I didn't know much about guitars back then, but I thought that was a good sign. I was going to change the scratch plate to give it different look. But years ago I super glued the volume & tone knobs on because they we're loose. I broke one ages ago trying to take it off. The tortoise scratch plate is just sitting on the strings. I like the look of it against the dark green.

20210514-184452-resized.jpg

20210514-184703-resized.jpg
Love a tort pick guard. Goes with pretty much any colour!

JohnnyRaz

Bit of heat from a soldering iron will loosen them. Or just cut them off and replace them

yeah - you're going to have to get at least one replacement anyway.
buy a new set and apply a bit of brute force and ignorance to the old ones. (beware of some of the sets on ali and ebay - they seem to be designed for smaller pot bushings than standard)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads