I think I'm coming round to the stratocaster (1 Viewer)

I should note, that there's nothing actually wrong with these.View attachment 14840
I bought a set of locking ones in that style that are ideal and were cheap as chips. You can spend more though. I think I got mine on aliexpress. I wouldnt have a strat without locking tuners..my yokes never go outta tune

also Anto,does your tremolo have a solid steel block? If not you defo need one of them!

Last edited:
I bought a set of locking ones in that style that are ideal and were cheap as chips. You can spend more though. I think I got mine on aliexpress. I wouldnt have a strat without locking tuners..my yokes never go outta tune

also Anto,does your tremolo have a solid steel block? If not you defo need one of them!
I think so.

I wouldnt bother with shielding just stand at a different angle. Its the tuners you require

This is my strat. A 1993 special edition US bought in 1997. I never really liked the colour but I bought it because it sounded really good unplugged. I didn't know much about guitars back then, but I thought that was a good sign. I was going to change the scratch plate to give it different look. But years ago I super glued the volume & tone knobs on because they we're loose. I broke one ages ago trying to take it off. The tortoise scratch plate is just sitting on the strings. I like the look of it against the dark green.

20210514-184452-resized.jpg

20210514-184703-resized.jpg

This is my strat. A 1993 special edition US bought in 1997. I never really liked the colour but I bought it because it sounded really good unplugged. I didn't know much about guitars back then, but I thought that was a good sign. I was going to change the scratch plate to give it different look. But years ago I super glued the volume & tone knobs on because they we're loose. I broke one ages ago trying to take it off. The tortoise scratch plate is just sitting on the strings. I like the look of it against the dark green.

20210514-184452-resized.jpg

20210514-184703-resized.jpg
Love a tort pick guard. Goes with pretty much any colour!

Bit of heat from a soldering iron will loosen them. Or just cut them off and replace them

yeah - you're going to have to get at least one replacement anyway.
buy a new set and apply a bit of brute force and ignorance to the old ones. (beware of some of the sets on ali and ebay - they seem to be designed for smaller pot bushings than standard)

IMG_20210901_174738.jpg
Another year another birthday another strat. This is my favourite so far!
I even prefer it to my deluxe! The deluxe dosent really sound like a stratocaster. This thing does..to the MAX
Got it for a song off a very nice lad who broke the tremolo arm and gave up on it. 2021 player series. I absolutely love it. I'm putting the rest of the guitars in the attic.

View attachment 15123
Another year another birthday another strat. This is my favourite so far!
I even prefer it to my deluxe! The deluxe dosent really sound like a stratocaster. This thing does..to the MAX
Got it for a song off a very nice lad who broke the tremolo arm and gave up on it. 2021 player series. I absolutely love it. I'm putting the rest of the guitars in the attic.
beaut

I'm actually considering getting rid of the rest of my guitars and just keeping this and maybe getting a player series tele and that'll be the collection.

This blue one.. Bluey I call him, is the perfect guitar for me. It sAMAZING .

And I've a week off to play it! I'm a shed dweller. I can definitely foresee a return to the stage at some point though with this axe.

Incidentally,I replaced the broken bridge with this one

And I just want to raise awareness of this parts supplier in Poland. Its a top class bridge at a great price and it arrived quickly. And he's in the EU so no fucking messing about

It a superior one to the one that came on the guitar. Proper steel.

Last edited:
Got this in a trade yesterday.
It’s a squire standard body with squire affinity neck. Alnico pups in her which sound pretty good. Going to refinish the neck, and needs a switch, but mightnt do too much otherwise IMG_5874.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back