Lowri Turner is a spa (1 Viewer)

Zeelander

Website
www.myspace.com
2004-6-28-16-54-45-16-314.jpg

Lowri Turner said:
Personally, I have to say that I don't think gay men make good party leaders or Prime Ministers. This has nothing to do with what they do in bed but everything to do with their lives in general.

Before I am accused of prejudice, I should say that not only are some of my best friends gay, but probably most of them are. I work in the media, for goodness sake. It is precisely because I know such a lot of gay men that I can say that I don't think many of them are capable of representing the interests of the vast majority of people.

Their lifestyles are too divorced from the norm. They are not better or worse, but they are different.

Gay men face challenges of their own, but they do not face those associated with having children which is the way most of us live. I have gay friends whose biggest headache is whether to have a black sofa or a cream one. If they have a child it is a dog.

My gay friends have not sat in accident and emergency with a small child. They have not had to make the decision over whether to give them MMR. They have not struggled to get their child statemented or gone through the schools' appeals process.

Without these experiences at the sharp end of our public services, they do not know how they function. This makes them completely out of their depth in administering them. In the same way that career politicians, those who have never had a real job but climbed the greasy pole by way of think-tanks and speech writing, are not equipped to make laws for the rest of us, so I think gay men are ill-suited to representing the interests of the population in general. However much I love my gay friends, I don't want them running the country.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/columnists/tm_objectid=16632855&method=full&siteid=50082-name_page.html#story_continue

Jesus. What an idiot.​

aoifed said:
Are you sure that article isn't a joke? Where was it published?
Just to counter her paltry excuse for an argument- perhaps if gay people were allowed to adopt........
Believe me - this is the sort of shite she spouts. I once saw her on the telly telling women that they should dress more sensibly if they didn't want to get hassled/molested/raped. She is a twunt of astronomical proportions.

Catwoman said:
....telling women that they should dress more sensibly if they didn't want to get hassled/molested/raped. .

Well, as a man, i can confirm this. I never feel the urge to ""suprise love" a poorly dressed (read unsexy) lady. Pop a pair of boots on and pad out the titties, however, and shes on the menu.

Lefty Frizzell said:
god hector you're just as bad as she is...

out of interest, how many of your friends are muzzlemunchers?
that depends. are we frens?

Hector Grey said:
that depends. are we frens?

wahey, nice shootin tex. i was gonna say that you hit a homer with that zing but i feared you'd deflect as some kind of hit a homo quip.

so say for arguments sake that i did like tailgating down a marmite motorway every now and again, how many would that make it?

Lefty Frizzell said:
wahey, nice shootin tex. i was gonna say that you hit a homer with that zing but i feared you'd deflect as some kind of hit a homo quip.

so say for arguments sake that i did like tailgating down a marmite motorway every now and again, how many would that make it?
i don't ask my frens about their sex lives, ya know, it's soooo boring. and sure, haven't we all had cock at some stage, eh?

its like me da says. he says to me he says, son, he says, son, on occasion i've entered a man, he says, and that makes me a homosexual then so be it.

Lefty Frizzell said:
its like me da says. he says to me he says, son, he says, son, on occasion i've entered a man, he says, and that makes me a homosexual then so be it.
who understands the needs of a man better than a man. women are alright, don't get me wrong, but where's teh wrap around? and they always say the wrong thing, call it the wrong name, etc. only a man knows how to talk to a man. fill me with your man mayo and i'll kick the bollocks off ya, we say, but we know what we mean, know what i mean?

aoifed said:
Are you sure that article isn't a joke? Where was it published?
Just to counter her paltry excuse for an argument- perhaps if gay people were allowed to adopt........
I don't think it deserves a response - she's obviously based her opinions of gay men on lunchroom and/or pub conversation, in which case my major life events are dry lettuce and bad pints respectively.

That said, i'd be fairy shit at running a country too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back