London (2 Viewers)

muffin said:
im off to london next wwekend..im planning on going to that pixar exhibition..anyone else any good tips on exhibitions??is the zandra rhodes one still on at the v&a?and how far away from central london is the roald dahl museum?
Any interest in seeing that "bodies" thing? Thinking of heading over to it meself.

Not at all, only heard of it by chance myself. It's more of a science thing than an art thing from what i understand, here's the blurb
Real human bodies, preserved through an innovative process and then respectfully presented. Experience the human body like never before when you visit Bodies…The Exhibition.
Maybe more of a boys thing, but i'm quite looking forward to it, probably going middle of may.

http://www.trendandculture.com/bodies/

there's an awesome wee pub called the bricklayers arms (i think), near LEISHETERSHIRE square.

Also nice is....argh, whats it called...the william shakespeare? no, it's the one right off tower bridge, and down a small laneway. neil will know?

dudley said:
Also nice is....argh, whats it called...the william shakespeare? no, it's the one right off tower bridge, and down a small laneway. neil will know?
Dunno, I would never head that far east for a pint!

hmm, deffo met you for a drink there before. my main memory is lady calling last orders, then having my freshly bought pint scooped out of my mits approx 8 seconds later

Yeah but I have a feeling we met there so old could meet some sinister nerds, nowt to do with me.

Anyone have a rough idea how long it would take to get from stanstead to luton? Thinking of getting in on a monday round 18.40 abd would fly out of luton at 21.30. Two hours be enough (letting an hour for check in)?

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Anyone have a rough idea how long it would take to get from stanstead to luton? Thinking of getting in on a monday round 18.40 abd would fly out of luton at 21.30. Two hours be enough (letting an hour for check in)?

www.nationalexpress.com says there's a Stansted-Luton bus at 19:10 that arrives at 20:50, giving you just 10 minutes' leeway before the checkin closes...to take the train I think you have to go through London, but I'm not sure how long that takes.

Bit of an odd question, but does anyone visit the Mean Fiddler venue often? Going to see the weakerthans in august, site says "doors at 7", what kind of time can i expect main bands on? Trying to minimise time taken off work. Also, anyone ever slept in heathrow airport?

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Bit of an odd question, but does anyone visit the Mean Fiddler venue often? Going to see the weakerthans in august, site says "doors at 7", what kind of time can i expect main bands on? Trying to minimise time taken off work. Also, anyone ever slept in heathrow airport?
Be there for nine, you should be fine, most London venues have an 11PM curfew.

Charlie Bucket said:
anyone know how long it takes to get from luton airport to london town?? there a tube/bus? oh yeah, wheres the barbican??

There's a train that leaves from the station near the airport very frequently. Shouldn't take more than 40 mins to Kings Cross Thameslink. You can buy tickets with an integrated daily tube travelcard. Can't remember how much it costs, but was definitely cheaper than trying to get fro Stansted to London.

From Kings Cross Thameslink there follow the signs to Kings Cross tube station. Barbican has a tube stop about three stops east of Kings Cross on various lines.

Charlie Bucket said:
anyone know how long it takes to get from luton airport to london town?? there a tube/bus? oh yeah, wheres the barbican??

Oh! You can get out Moorgate too. There's a yellow line on the path around there that you need to follow to get to the entrance.

billygannon said:
Oh! You can get out Moorgate too. There's a yellow line on the path around there that you need to follow to get to the entrance.
thanks jack and billy:)
so i just follow these and cat power will be at the end of them, eh?
wigglydoubleyellowlines-thumb8741
http://images.google.ie/imgres?imgu...ages?q=double+yellow+lines&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=

I'm gonna be in London for three days en route to Dublin. dates are 9-12 dec. anyone know of any good gigs on at that time?
cheer darlinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back