Good Dublin pub to bring an American to (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 1
speaking of food, we went to the black sheep (probably a good shout if they're beard stroking beer drinkers) and i ordered nachos and they were rank. but the rest of the food there is good.

Cobblestone?
Yeah, Americans I know have had good experience there, as in that's the vibe they imagine about Ireland in their head
I'd usually slip down to Walsh's in Stoneybatter with them at some point.

All depends on what people are looking for though. How loud or how chill an experience they are into.

For beard stroking beers, I ended up in Fidelity in Smithfield a couple of weekends ago. A Whitplash bar. Used to be Dice Bar and I was upset wihen the dank was gone, but it was good vibes. Smooth sound system.

The Big Romance on Parnell street is the same owners with a similar, smaller, vibe with some added dank.

Yeah, Americans I know have had good experience there, as in that's the vibe they imagine about Ireland in their head

All depends on what people are looking for though. How loud or how chill an experience they are into.
Walsh’s is a lovely spot too

Meeting an old workmate (and his husband) in town for a pint the night before Paddy's day. Was thinking The Oval, cos it's near where my bus arrives/departs and serves adequate food. Any other suggestions?

Is it worth booking something a bit food/pints styled given the date to make sure ye's get a reasonable seat?

For beard stroking beers, I ended up in Fidelity in Smithfield a couple of weekends ago. A Whitplash bar. Used to be Dice Bar and I was upset wihen the dank was gone, but it was good vibes. Smooth sound system.

The Big Romance on Parnell street is the same owners with a similar, smaller, vibe with some added dank.

Some of the same owners

Reminds me I’ve a voucher for big romance since covid I’ve to redeem

we took some Scottish visitors to Walsh's last Autumn, they liked it.

I was in the big Romance for the first time back in October.
I didn't spot any dank, it all looked fairly plush and hip for Parnell st. tbh.
I was just coming from the hop house, and ended up in fibbers that night, keeping it DankCore

Dice is where I had my first date with my fiance. Haven't been in it since it reopened. I've a lot of good feelings about the old dump, lots of good nights there. I don't want it to be nice.

Dice is where I had my first date with my fiance. Haven't been in it since it reopened. I've a lot of good feelings about the old dump, lots of good nights there. I don't want it to be nice.
For me the dice is fixed with a particular set of people at a particular time in my life. Many adventures led there, and were started there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back