London (1 Viewer)

hanley said:
prob going to a sigur ros gig tomorrow evening, if i can pick up a ticket.staying in willesden garden (i think thats what its called)with a friend.
prob go out wed evening.so wheres good for pints keith?
Honestly, I have no idea. There's a Time Out guide for good pubs - but Willesden is miles from where I am and I haven't a clue what that area is like. London's a bit, well, massive.

You'll be near Hampstead Heath and Swiss Cottage - they're all a bit posh and I reckon you could find some decent boozers around there.

pubs near willies den

1.) Paradise by way of kensal green......real nice no music tho'
2.) Masons arms..... on harrow rd near kensal green tube

in town
hanway st. behind tott ct rd
all the spanish bars are wkd there and stay open till 3...ssssshhhhhh

tell me if u need any more

I'm just back from london; although i have no pub recommendations I'd recommend checking out the exhibition 'Americans in Paris' at the national gallery - James whistler, mary cassat, cecelia beaux, john singer sargent. Nine blips but worth it.

London is expensive by the way.

what's that pub on the corner in spittalfields just down from the ten bells?

i like that. ceeerazy landlady.

thanks for the replies/suggestions

only read saw them all when i got back though
ended up drinking in a nifty café type place called café1001.it is down towards liverpool street.
was good music being played and a band out the back and a crackhead looking guy selling something small to people beside me.

didnt goto any pubs in willesden, just slept there.

Looking at stopping over between flights to/from stanstead, thought i'd head into a hostel for the night rather than sleep on the floor. Top hostels on hostelworld.com appear to be in Kensington, Kings Cross/St Pancras, Hammersmith, Holland Park, Victoria, and Greenwich (dead cheap too). Anyone able to tell me which would be the most convenient for getting to and from? Probably a bit of a stupid question but i don't know london atalatall.

hanley said:
thanks for the replies/suggestions

only read saw them all when i got back though
ended up drinking in a nifty café type place called café1001.it is down towards liverpool street.
was good music being played and a band out the back and a crackhead looking guy selling something small to people beside me.

didnt goto any pubs in willesden, just slept there.

hanley, why do you have a vagina as your avatar?

King's Cross is your best bet in London. But Stansted is in Essex - it's about as far from London as Drogheda is from Dublin.

Even somewhere like Cambridge could be more convenient.

im off to london next wwekend..im planning on going to that pixar exhibition..anyone else any good tips on exhibitions??is the zandra rhodes one still on at the v&a?and how far away from central london is the roald dahl museum?

muffin said:
im off to london next wwekend..im planning on going to that pixar exhibition..anyone else any good tips on exhibitions??is the zandra rhodes one still on at the v&a?and how far away from central london is the roald dahl museum?

That Roald Dahl museum is 40 minutes by train... probably not worth it if you're only over for the weekend.
You could try either the Illustration Cupboard (http://www.illustrationcupboard.com/default_flash.aspx) or the Cartoon Museum on Little Russell Street (near the British Museum).

Don't know if there is a Zandra Rhodes exhibition on in the V&A. But it's worth going to the Tate Modern and then getting the Tate boat up to the Tate Britain in Victoria. There's an excellent Gothic Nightmare exhibition in the Tate Britain at the moment.

thanks billy/hamilton..whatever it is yr going by this week..:)

ohh bedknobs and broomsticks is on and they are singing about london..gettin me right in the mood i tells ya!!

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Looking at stopping over between flights to/from stanstead, thought i'd head into a hostel for the night rather than sleep on the floor. Top hostels on hostelworld.com appear to be in Kensington, Kings Cross/St Pancras, Hammersmith, Holland Park, Victoria, and Greenwich (dead cheap too). Anyone able to tell me which would be the most convenient for getting to and from? Probably a bit of a stupid question but i don't know london atalatall.

kings x or vic. would be best as all the others you mentioned are west and further away from stanstead

kings x is nearest but victoria would have good connections also....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back