Living in Melbourne (11 Viewers)

I live about an hour and a half from humpty doo. The hotel there has awesome singlets, couldn't find it when i looked though.

Oh and it was 15 degrees here this morning. Had to put a jumper on. Chilly. Back up to 31 now though. Nice.

Nice, 31c is are is are a lovely temperature.

The tote is are is are good, nice people mostly, it's dirty but beautiful place with a wonderful Jukebox.

Hey!! I went there last friday, some prick tried to start on me, and none of my fuckin songs came on the jukebox (which im convinced is not connected)!!
But yeah you are right about the dirty bit, im pretty sure someone was kind enough to fill a pint glass with urine and leave it to the flush button for everyone to admire.

In other news, what about these police hummers they are getting in ay? If all goes well the budget might stretch to include an apache helicopter and a couple of nuclear warheads. HEE HEE HEE
Maybe call in an airstrike or napalm when the clubs let out. Baa HAA HAA

never been to the tote. where is are that?

Have any of jissers been to Loop bar? Can be brutal, but on occasion they have minimal techno nights. Three lads with laptops making beats. Suprisingly high quality.

hey jrad - check out that weather outside. Makes me happy!
BBQ season has arrived!

Tote is on johnson street, down a bit past the smith street intersection.

Loop bar is a good laugh, i think it might be a gay bar though, or maybe just very gay friendly but none the less a good bar full of very sexy women and dope jams!ninjaaaa that office scene projection shit can be depressing at times though.

Yeah the good weather is creeping back again, and soon we will all be back to 3 jock days with a sprinkling of talcum powder on the gonads for good measure.
Headed out to torquay for a surf there last sunday and hurt my back straight away. Knock the cobwebs out and start carving shit up again dude!!!

Tote is on johnson street, down a bit past the smith street intersection.

Loop bar is a good laugh, i think it might be a gay bar though, or maybe just very gay friendly but none the less a good bar full of very sexy women and dope jams!ninjaaaa that office scene projection shit can be depressing at times though.

Yeah the good weather is creeping back again, and soon we will all be back to 3 jock days with a sprinkling of talcum powder on the gonads for good measure.
Headed out to torquay for a surf there last sunday and hurt my back straight away. Knock the cobwebs out and start carving shit up again dude!!!

gay bar, really? - dont think so. Maybe on certain nights. But who knows, it is melbourne.

Yeah i love headin down the coast pretendin to be able to surf.

Man, you should drive down to wilsons prom. some weekend. Stunning.

Over here, they say 'bashed' instead of assaulted, its on news reports n everything. Thats just some of the madness you have in store for you here!

are you lot on working holiday visas or what? australia isnt going to the dogs is it? i have to leave new zealand next year and i mightnt want to go home to 1980s poverty recession stricken ireland but im too old for the holiday visa i think. im a handsome 31 year old single librarian with a masters degree - do you think they'd have me there?

Nah, limit for the working holiday visa is 30. There's a skills shortage here though, if you have a degree in pretty much anything, or three years work in a wanted field, you might be able to get a visa through that. Alternatively, you can get a company to sponsor your visa, but from what i hear you need to stay with them for three years. Loads of info here - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/index.htm

when are you making your move buzzo?

Three weeks!! Puke! You think I'd be looking for jobs/somewhere to live, but I've been looking at pictures of giant spiders on the internet to try and desensitize myself a bit.

Over here, they say 'bashed' instead of assaulted, its on news reports n everything!

That's awesome

Nah, limit for the working holiday visa is 30. There's a skills shortage here though, if you have a degree in pretty much anything, or three years work in a wanted field, you might be able to get a visa through that. Alternatively, you can get a company to sponsor your visa, but from what i hear you need to stay with them for three years. Loads of info here - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/index.htm

cheers will have a look at that. hate reading that sorta shite!

Yeah, if you can get someone to hire you in a role listed on the link above you can get a sponsorship visa.
You don't have to stay 3 years. The visa is for a maximum of 4 years and you can go home it any any time if you want.

The visa is linked to the job, i.e. if you and the job part ways for whatever reason, the visa ends too. You get 28 days to wrap up your affairs and leave. 'Wrapping up your affairs' can mean getting a new job & visa too.

There is also the skilled migrant visa. This is a permanent visa which you get based on a points system. You need to achieve 120 points (i think). Points are awarded for lots of things: Native english speaker, additional selected 2nd languages, a couple of years work in australia under your belt, relatives in australia, etc, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back