Living in Melbourne (1 Viewer)

evertime i walk by night cat it looks dodgy-big q and bouncers. pony is deadly. the union and napier in fitzroy are good for sneaky pints. e55 on elizabeth street is a good escape from the cbd. havent ventured to chapel street at all. bar open on brunswick street is cool, punk band on their last week. cookie on swanston can be ok but its expensive and some of the staff are up their own holes. the place across the road from it is gas. seems ok on the weekend but me and a friend got into a big argument with the bouncers one wednesday night. eventually got in and it was empty of course!

evertime i walk by night cat it looks dodgy-big q and bouncers. pony is deadly. the union and napier in fitzroy are good for sneaky pints. e55 on elizabeth street is a good escape from the cbd. havent ventured to chapel street at all. bar open on brunswick street is cool, punk band on their last week. cookie on swanston can be ok but its expensive and some of the staff are up their own holes. the place across the road from it is gas. seems ok on the weekend but me and a friend got into a big argument with the bouncers one wednesday night. eventually got in and it was empty of course!

e55 is a good spot especially if you wanna have pints + chit chat. Yerman behind the bar has the best fro ever.

I hate Cookie. It's the after work shirt-and-tie express. Although, in saying that, they never let me in there (anymore) for some reason. Actually the last time I tried we did get in eventualy. The bouncer initially gave it the 'sorry lads, there's too many males up there already. get some girls and i'll let you in'. We negotiated with him for a while and he let us in. Then we left almost immediately because it was a sausage fest.

The place across the road is called The Lounge. downstairs is good, but if you end up going upstairs it means your just. not. trying hard enough!

not much you can do if your employers dress code is shirt and tie and you wanna go boozing after work.

Melbourne sounds attractive purely from the perspective of visiting the locations where The Sullivans was filmed.

You can just go to any other bar in the whole city (except pony I suppose)

Good choice, bring me over a copy of GTA4 on the PS3 and ill be your best friend!.|..|

Christ, when did i become such a nerd, I shouldnt know those abreviations!

No takers? Ah thats grand!
We have to wait for GTA4 from Asia because for some reason Australias version had to be edited down to 15s??? No whores = No Jrad.
Blaa blaa blaa , no one cares, do di do di do!
:rolleyes:-::clef::::clef::::clef::::clef::::clef::::clef::

We're heading to australia in a week or so; melbourne is the last stop after a week in port douglas & a week in sydney.... have no accommodation booked yet though, so where's a nice area to stay?

Bearing in mind we have a 6 month old babby with us...

Melbourne is really cold at the moment by the way, but if you wanted to be near the beach, great ocean road etc you could stay down in torquay.
If you wanted to stay near the city Carlton, Brunswick or Fitzroy have a pretty alternative vibe to them and are nice, clean areas.

We're heading to australia in a week or so; melbourne is the last stop after a week in port douglas & a week in sydney.... have no accommodation booked yet though, so where's a nice area to stay?

Bearing in mind we have a 6 month old babby with us...

Somewhere on one of the tram routes. St Kilda is nice, especially if you can get somewhere on Acland St. or near the beach. You'll be near albert park, and tram access to the city. Richmond has a lot of character too.
I'd second Jrads suggestions below also.

If you have a bit of spare money, stay in Southbank along the Yarra river. It's pram pushing distance to the city, botanic gardens, aquarium, arts centre, cafe's etc. The walk along the river to the MCG is nice too.

I'm moving to Melbourne!
Some questions:

How's the rent in Smellbourne? What's high and low price-wise?
Where are good neighbourhoods to live in?
Any suggestions as to how to find a gaff?
Do they have hayfever in Australia?

I'm moving to Melbourne!
Some questions:

How's the rent in Smellbourne? What's high and low price-wise?
Where are good neighbourhoods to live in?
Any suggestions as to how to find a gaff?
Do they have hayfever in Australia?

Rent is going up all the time, but it's ok. depends what you're looking for. Have a look at this:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?s=vic&t=res&snf=rbs&a=sf
or for shared rental this:
http://melbourne.gumtree.com.au/

neighbourhoods: richmond, st kilda, fitzroy, brunswick, carlton, melbourne cbd

find a gaff: see links above!

I don't really get hayfever in melbourne, but maybe some peopel do. We get flies for a month or two in summer though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back