Living in Melbourne (4 Viewers)

Hahaaa not quite.

I'm all about the being a tourist these days.

We just passed "SexyLand Adult Department Store" on the way in from the airport.

Here

Are all australians obsessed with their Super?

I guess so. It's much better than a pension. You're forced by law to put at least 9% of your salary towards it. You choose a super company to host & manage it for you. Which means they have become competitive with rates etc. They usually invest it and take their fee from the earnings. So it grows over time. When you change jobs your new employer pays to your super account. You can't lose it, it belongs to you.

I guess I'm obsessed with it too!

it's mad - everyone's talking about them on the telly and the radio and stuff.

so i'm sitting here watching the Oz equivalent of Questions & Answers / Question Time thinking one of the panelists looks familiar. He was identified as being Peter Garrett, the Minister for Environment, Heritage & Arts, but I couldn't figure out why I knew his baldy head though.

Baldy head... Australia... Then the penny dropped.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oh by the way, If you're into it, I'd highly reccomend seeing the Dark Knight in the IMAX 8 story screen. book in advance arrive early.

http://www.imaxmelbourne.com.au/

It's in the same building as the Melbourne Museum, which is the best museum I've been to. From Blue whale skellingtons to brains and interactive stuff for the chizzelrs. Cheap too.

If you're into museums, like...

is that "history of video games" exhibition still on? they were all to hard for me except the really old ones

Was that in Fed Square? I think thats finsihed now.
Theres an Art Deco exhibition in the Arts Centre if you're that way inclined...

Yeah, its finished now. Bet some cunt at street fighter 2 turbo, and i never even managed to master the dragon punch! HA, good one ay?

"Wagga Wagga" and "Humpty Doo" are two of my personal favourite mad Aussie place names.

i stayed a night on my own in waggawagga!!
i was driving from melbourne where i stayed for a month and was doing a solo road trip to sydney.

on the map waggawagga looked massive so i chose there as a midway stop.
i stayed in this really old fashioned guesthouse and waggawagga was actually quite small, just the biggest cluster of people between melbourne and sydney.

Wagga wagga means crow crow - something aboriginal i think.

i think its when youve travelled across australia you realise how barren it is between the towns.
but it is very very cool to be driving through - ok i did get a bit scared on my own in case the car broke down.

aoif i didnt know you were going to melbourne!
i agree with what someone earlier said - the northern suburbs are more interesting.
st kilda was a street of trendy bars when i was there (thats where i stayed for the month) nice accomodations but not much happening. (nice juice bars there though- and amazing sushi!! )

.|..|

nope i saw it with my own two eyes

C-U-N-T

stunning.

Pete whatcha make of Melbs? Im in New Zealand now, spending a pretty penny but havin a blast. Jumped out of a plane the other day, best rush ever

melbourne's pretty cool so far. just wandered around some shopping places then headed down to Southbank this afternoon. nice. I thought it was bad in Sydney, but there's a fierce bang of American offa Melbourne. it's really weird though - the chilly weather and the winter and stuff makes it all feel very.... Christmas.

melbourne's pretty cool so far. just wandered around some shopping places then headed down to Southbank this afternoon. nice. I thought it was bad in Sydney, but there's a fierce bang of American offa Melbourne. it's really weird though - the chilly weather and the winter and stuff makes it all feel very.... Christmas.

if you're feelin chilly in southbank, in the evenings on the hour from about 8pm they shoot big fireballs up into the air along the water side. warms me up from about 100m away

poxy weather today

yeah weather's not so good out there... at least it's not snowing here buh

Walked up to Lygon Street earlier to sample the Italian end of town and got the most amazing baked spud with chilli beans in The Baked Potato Cafe.

Not very Italian, but sure what can you do.

Yo, if any of you are in Melbourne you should come to the Arthouse (on Elizabeth street) on wednesday 13th, my band Cherrywood Guns is are is are is are playing (i'm the one with the double bass!). Also playing in the corner in richmond on the 19th from about 8 with Nathan Hollywood.
Also go to the tote in Collingwood (Cnr. wellington and johnson I do believe), best pub in Melbourne.

Yo, if any of you are in Melbourne you should come to the Arthouse (on Elizabeth street) on wednesday 13th, my band Cherrywood Guns is are is are is are playing (i'm the one with the double bass!). Also playing in the corner in richmond on the 19th from about 8 with Nathan Hollywood.
Also go to the tote in Collingwood (Cnr. wellington and johnson I do believe), best pub in Melbourne.

What type of music do you play?
Yeah I have heard great things about Tote, will defo have to check it out. Whats the crowd like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back