Lisbon Treaty (1 Viewer)

I'm voting

• Total voters
"our art, defiled! oh woe and misery."

1716.jpg

Well, those Coir wankers are a shower of scumbag cunts at the best of times so their behaviour doesn't surprise me. One of their people was just on the rajo saying ah, they're just young and enthusiastic. Prick.

Gilmore was just on as well, saying that Lisbon is dead in the water. Already conceeded defeat.

the NO, NO, NO NOs should have voted yes and then forced through a local campaign to use the voluntary extration mechanisms.

"you´re voting NO? well then piss off and give us our money back"

Here, only fourteen countries have ratified the treaty so for. Whats the chances of other countries following suit of todays results?

was just discussing that very thing with my dad. we reckon you might see a few other countries rejecting it now.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jun/13/ireland

The bitter divisions caused by the treaty were visible at the count during ugly scenes involving Ireland's finance minister, Brian Lenihan, and members of Coir, a radical anti-abortion campaign group. Coir opposed the treaty on the grounds that European law could supplant Irish legal bans on abortion – a scenario the Irish government consistently said was impossible.
As the minister attempted to speak to a television news crew he was surrounded by Coir activists who screamed at him and sang: "No, no, there's no no, there's no Lisbon" to the tune of 2Unlimited's No limits.
When Burton attempted to intervene and point out that the minister had a right to speak she was spat at.

What about Coir's right to sing? The establishement and Europe is against music.

There are many reasons why people would vote no, being a Cóir supporter being only one. Spitting is really really gross, and the worst form of insult I think. Cóir are idiots. As are many of the NO groups but that doesn't mean that everyone who voted no is or that they were swayed by those groups.

Speaking of spoiling votes. On Sky news they keep running a piece of footage with the ballot papers being counted. The No one has a big X and the Yes one has a check mark. Is that not a spoiled vote?

That's a spoiled vote alright.

Anyone who does that doesn't deserve to have their vote counted anyway.

Would it be completely fascist of me to suggest attaching an IQ test to the polling card?

You must be at least THIS SMART to enter....

was just discussing that very thing with my dad. we reckon you might see a few other countries rejecting it now.

There'd be a large but silent percentage of politicians in every country who'll be secretly glad to see it fail.
Regardless of the veiled threats from Europe I reckon if the treaty was put to a public vote in every EU country it'd be mostly rejected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back