LIGHTENING BOLT AT ATP (1 Viewer)

dudes lightning bolt are like so 2001.

the soldiers take half are where its at these days.

damien said:
dudes lightning bolt are like so 2001.

the soldiers take half are where its at these days.
dude, playing in the nude is so 60s... what are you on about?

Lightning Bolt were twice as awesome in the ICA the night before where there was half the amount of people. Or thereabouts. So is the Noxagt record I picked up there.

the number of people at it didn't really matter....once you were in the zone
half of dublin was...in the zone
andrew

Seriously, they were ill as fuck. Yer man at the ICA says they're back over in September. Mighta been talking through his cake hole. Weird fact. The stall at the gig was selling the Jackbeast 10" {{{{{"?"}}}}}

brrring brrrring...

"yo, dude, someone answer the zone phone..."

"no way man... no way..."

brrrring brrrrring...

*clunk ka chunk*

"eh .... helllloo?"

"yo, this is lightening bolt... who the fuck is this?"

"aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

*clunk ka chunk*

needtokill said:
Running the risk of Andy killing me here..BUT what happened was during the first song, right at the start in fact, the bridge of my guitar pretty much fell out of it, making it impossible to keep in tune and impossible to play.Struggled on for two songs, but it was pretty much useless, so I had to borrow another guitar,tune it down very low,and it sounded awful.In fairness the other three played a blinder, so I probably shouldn't have said we were shit, just that I was shit.
That's all you need to know really.
i totally messed up the end, it was a joy to behold
you should start using my guitar again
i think people who pay £70 for handmade vincent gallo t-shirts are sexy and i want to ride them. :cool: (i'm cool)

the lb dvd is incredible. makes you wanna get fucked up and run around town naked for 4 hours. did ye see the last practice before the tour? brian chippendale reminds me of those bruce lee stories ... you know the ones where apparently he could kick faster than the frame rate so the camera couldn't catch it. fucking crazy. i heard that he's gonna do a padre pio on it next year and play simultaneously with mindflayer upstairs. i can probably make a copy of the dvd for someone if you want ... it'll involve being very nice to a mate of mine and the possible exchange of the odd sexual favour but i'm sure it can be done. failing that, i should have my own dvd burning capabilities set up soon enough. to quote the new terror class, send me your email and i'll send you some sick shit.

ddmurph said:
to quote the new terror class, send me your email and i'll send you some sick shit.
I really don't think anyone wants to hear that fucking goddamn Easy like Fried Eggs and Bacon track. Fuck it's awful. (Although it is kind of growing on me. Like some kind of fungus.)

ratmonkey said:
I really don't think anyone wants to hear that fucking goddamn Easy like Fried Eggs and Bacon track. Fuck it's awful. (Although it is kind of growing on me. Like some kind of fungus.)
hang on a second, you were the one who sent that onto me weren't you? or was it vice-versa? jesus christ though, that track takes shitness to new absurd levels. for anyone curious/stupid enough to check it out it's on the v/vm site somewhere under jansky noise. it's fucking terrible though!

Skink said:
what kinda sets did Sonic Youth / Mission of Burma play much new stuff?
mission of burma were the first band i caught,i hadent heard much by them and only one or two songs really gripped me.for the most part i found them quite boring.
sonic youth on the other hand were great.they played a good few new songs and a few older ones(drunk butterfly,white kross...).
thurston got mauled on the ground by some kid who jumped on stage,him and lee had some sort of star wars-esque lightsaber fight with their guitars and kim is the best dancer ive ever seen.

looks like he's hanging upside down from a metal beam. saw dudes doin that and swinging on ropes in the pit in this place called the munchhouse in providence. funny.
andrew

once saw les savy fav play in a youth club/gym type place and the lead fella decides to sing the entirety of the second song of the set hanging upside down (folded legs over a bar suspended about a foot away from this tiny balcony thing). I was actually concerned he'd blonk down to the floor but he didn't.

i wish i got to see this every night...

LB-ATP-01.jpg

LB-ATP-02.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back