LEAVING CERT ENGLISH POSTPONED EVERYONE!!!!! (1 Viewer)

thats from the irish times. 8 poets? Do they not do Soundings anymore?

I remember there being at least 50 poxy poets to have to learn. Back in my day.

Nope soundings got phased out about 5-6 years ago.

And you only had to do three poets really. The 4 Ango Irish ones - whatever one had come up the previous year.

The Comparative study was the biggest load of cack ever. We had "Philadelphia, Here I come" (Which was okay), "How Many Miles To Babylon" and "My Left Foot" both of which I hated. I wasn't allowed to discuss the homosexuality in Babylon, as the teacher was worried it might be corrected by a nun, or something.

Cinema Paradiso was also considered. Only in Ireland would an Italian film be on the English syllabus.

I wasn't allowed to discuss the homosexuality in Babylon, as the teacher was worried it might be corrected by a nun, or something.
s.

Our biology teacher wouldn't do the human reproduction chapters because he was religious and embarrassed (or something)

He instructed us to study it ourselves at home

I'm ashamed to say I never got around to it

So...how is babby formed?

I think that section of biology is the only one that most people would have aced. Interesting and all as the Liver Fluke is ...

The Comparative study was the biggest load of cack ever. We had "Philadelphia, Here I come" (Which was okay), "How Many Miles To Babylon" and "My Left Foot" both of which I hated. I wasn't allowed to discuss the homosexuality in Babylon, as the teacher was worried it might be corrected by a nun, or something.

Cinema Paradiso was also considered. Only in Ireland would an Italian film be on the English syllabus.

Philadelphia, Here I Come. Fucking crap.

we did the same

on this, it's not surprising to see drogheda ruin it for the other leaving cert students

drogheda's been ruining louth for ages, them and dundalk

The teacher I had for my first English L.C told us that Heaney's poem "The Tollund Man" was mainly about sex, the bog symbolised a vagina and the man was a penis, she went into great detail about bodily fluids and bondage.
Anyway, I ended up repeating my leaving in a new school and the teacher asked to explain to the class what I thought that poem was about.
Turns out my old teacher was a kinky bitch. :(

yeah. I had this exam prep dream that I had a distributed systems exam, and I waltzed in there thinking I fucking rule distributed systems, opened the paper up, and realised then...

I HAD NEVER BOTHERED TO GO OVER BACH'S CONCERTOS FOR VIOLINS!!!!
Reams of sheet music fell out onto the desk. I was sitting there just thinking, you cocky fucking asshole. You're fucked now matey.

the leaving cert is mostly a memory test and a load of bollix. i suppose most exams are tho... i had a maths exam in college where we learned number for number entire solutions for problems without ever understanding them in the slightest. we all got really high marks.

swotty fuckers. i didnt get one A, even when i repeated. i did get a couple of Bs though, and some Cs.

i never really stressed about the leaving cert when i was doing it so i dont get those exam dreams, i do sometimes dream that its the first day back in september and that im repeating the whole year again but generally some of my old classmates are there too along with people ive met since then so its not too bad.

preparing for the leaving cert is a terrible way to spend your youth but you couldnt trust young people to do anything better with their time.

the leaving cert is mostly a memory test and a load of bollix. i suppose most exams are tho... i had a maths exam in college where we learned number for number entire solutions for problems without ever understanding them in the slightest. we all got really high marks.

I agree. I got a good leaving- cant remember exactly

thing is the instant I've done the exam I can't recall anything to do with the subject

I was good at passing exams but not at absorbing information

which is why I'm the celebrated success I am today

I agree. I got a good leaving- cant remember exactly

thing is the instant I've done the exam I can't recall anything to do with the subject

I was good at passing exams but not at absorbing information

which is why I'm the celebrated success I am today

my study technique at leaving cert level was appalling. the reason i did ok in it and got into the high world of dundalk it was that i remembered the information well as i've a good memory

now the reason i did well on english (a C1 which was a surprise to all concerned. the shock on my english teachers face i will never forget) was because the paper 1 allowed me to go on 2 political rants

one on the neccessity of education and another on the need of rules and laws on society

indeed, i think both rants were thanks to the text of the grapes of wrath being examined

god bless steinbeck :)

I got an A2 in Higher English so I must have been doing something right.. We got the "easy" poets though our year (Bishop mostly, I know I aced that question) and the comparative questions weren't too bad.

Fuck standardised test exams. It's no wonder so many of our high ranking civil servants are complete intellectual dickheads when the LC is completly based around a memory test.

I would rather bore another hole through my head than do the rest of the exams. Where is the intellectual creativeness in any of them?
Besides shiting your way through English of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back