LEAVING CERT ENGLISH POSTPONED EVERYONE!!!!! (3 Viewers)

I'm not doing the rest of them. First english paper was a breeze but i've decided to do Science in UCD which I got offered last year but rejected....so no point really in doing the rest of the exams. Especially since I haven't really studied.

Although I may do History, Biology and Irish for the laugh and do something outrageous.

Your points last year will count for it won't it? Bit of a waste of a year no?

Aye. Waste of a year indee. But I needed a year out regardless, wasn't in a completly fit mental state of mind last year to do something I wasn't sure about to say the least...

And yeah, my points should from last year should be alright, although a friend said today that they get cancelled once you repeat but i wouldn't believe him. Will have to look at it more in-depth though.

They don't get cancelled.
when I repeated most people in my class were there cos they'd gotten enough points but haddn't past some of the subjects needed, so you can use points from one year and subjects form the next.
Mix n match dude.

Was talking to my mum yesterday and she was saying the year she did the Leaving (1969 I think) it was discovered there'd been a leak of the English Paper II only after all the students in Ireland had already sat the exam. So they were all made to repeat it a couple of weeks later. Hate that.

also got an A in honours English. Go me. My essay was about why Roy Keane was right to walk out of Saipan .

leaving cert English is obviously a joke with all these A's being knocked about

I rolled into a couple of exams not knowing what exam they were.

I knew there was something scheduled for 9.30 or whenever, but precisely what was unclear. English was one of these. I had the idea that fundamentally my English seemed really fairly reasonable, so I should be doing honours.
I decided to take the last six months of English class off, which the teacher was clearly quite happy about, and banged out a comprehensive D.

I used the essay question to voice my opinion that there is no way that a 16 year old can understand any aspect of a Yeats poem, unless they are explicitly told how to interpret it. And then parroted off the appropriate responses to a perceived stimulus noticed in the poetry questions section.

Ah, yes, "pyrne in a gyre", well clearly Yeats was refering to...

edit I think I ended my essay by saying that inflicting this rote learning of emotion illicited by poetry reading is going to guarantee I am going to hate a) that poet for the rest of my life, and b) possibly all poetry for the rest of my life.

Fuck William Butler Yeats.
So far I am bearing up well.

Actually, just remembering now, in Ordinary level Irish I noticed that the weather was fucking gorgeous out the window there.

So I stopped writing, and marked my paper. I reckoned I got around 50%. I knew that even if I actually got 39% they would still pass me, just so as not to be pricks. I've seen the marking graphs, 38 and 39%s are no man's land.
So once I hit my imaginary 50% I handed in the paper and scurried home to get a nice spin in on the bike up the Sally Gap.

That was yet another rip roaring D3.

Me getting into college was mysterious and incredibly close run.
The old man was fairly impressed. "No effort wasted there anyway".

In a way I felt like I was doing the marker a favour, by keeping the amount of shite they had to wade through to a minimum, which might encourage them to be in a good mood thinking they are making great progress with their marking, which might encourage them to give me a passing grade.

That's a bit mad....flashbacks LC is very similiar to how mine went last year. Took a few months off classes, arrived into exams on a dodgy time-table, got my D's and a few C's handy while pretty much taking the piss. I hadn't even seen a pass maths exam paper untill the day I sat it but breezed through and got an A2.

For the irish though....jeeeeesus, Mike fucking Dineen. cunt. Passed my irish on the basis that my oral was completly sound and a total cheat. Had a nice friendly chat with the scrudaitheoir starting off, seeing what he's like and probing my chances of charming my way through it.
Then to my total surprise. He starts asking me what I want to talk about in the oral. I'm a bit stunned and taken aback but i start listing off all my topics and he takes it all down and helping me go through it all. He hits record on the tape button to record the oral, there i am, despite my huge luck, stuck on a few words and he starts scribbling like mad on a sheet of paper and throwing it in my face telling me what I had to say.
"This oral business must be a nuisance for ya..travelling all over the place" Not at all says he, "I get to stay the weekend in Killarney rather than poxy Cork and get paid for it!"
Mentaller.

And now im off to do a completly unmerited science course...like flashback.
There must be a correlation there somewhere.

...Here, did i tell yiz all im saving up for a flash new motorbike??

ha ha. Nice one. I defered the Science degree because I needed a year off after all that effort.

And, it turned out that a) I was a shit racing cyclist, and b) I didn't want to be a bike mechanic or work in kitchens for ever so I was happy to go back and do the degree.

I worked hard at it too. I was really lucky to get it, and it has held me in good stead, even though it took me a while to realise that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back