LEAVING CERT ENGLISH POSTPONED EVERYONE!!!!! (2 Viewers)

i wrote a condensed version of 'which witch?' for a school essay once, great book

I got an A in English for rewriting this in prose form
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and passed a history exam that I had no business passing by remembering the details of this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

my one really good subject, I also got an A1.

Thought I was deadly till I started meeting people who got about 6 A1's.

Bet they were the kind who got up at 7am to study etc...I don't think anything beats consistent work though. I did really well in the LC (not that it means owt now) and it certainly wasn't from busting my ass studying. People take it a bit too far with studying sometimes.
I used an Elliott Smith lyric in an English essay in 5th year once and thought I was the shit....ah, youth....

Johnnystress that's a classic!

So the majority of the posters in this thread got A's in English........

Now I know why everyone is so iffy about grammer.

C.S.P.E only goes up to junior cert level. I got an A in that though. The highest mark I got in my leaving cert was a B2 in honors history, my marks began to seriously cascade after that.

My biggest beef was art, I cried during the practical and failed the art history paper. My leaving cert was a complete mess.

I left my leaving cert Irish exam an hour and a half early so i could go to a Sisters of Mercy gig. Still passed though. The gig was all right.

English was by a long distance my favourite subject by my last years in school and yet I ended up with a B2 that is forever scarred into my soul. God forbid I ever meet that dirty examiner bastard. ANONYMITY CAN'T PROTECT YOU FOREVER YOU CUNT.
Same, was gutted. The mammy told me not to get it rechecked in case I got a lower grade. I've never forgiven her.

Same, was gutted. The mammy told me not to get it rechecked in case I got a lower grade. I've never forgiven her.

I got a B1 and was delighted with myself. Had been regularly doing C3 level answers throughout 5th and 6th years but went in there and things just clicked for me that day, was making observations about things that I'd never really got before.

Then I kinda fucked up any gains I made in that by getting a C1 in history when I was shooting for an A.

2 years ago was the first time since I left college that I didn't wake up at least once in May feeling terrified by the fact that I hadn't started studying for my upcoming leaving.

I find it funniest, that the State Examinations Commission only found out at least 2 hours after it had been posted on boards.ie and twitter etc.

I did ok in History too, I think an A1 or an A2 though I can't remember which... all the others which actually involved unwankable answers (ie. the leaving cert isn't a measure of intelligence but ability to learn shit off my heart) not so good.

I did awful in history - got my worst result. It was purely a result of not working, & not doing a special project, coupled with a teacher who rarely got us to do homework so I just didn't work consistently at it at all. It's something I really regret now to be honest. I did go and get a degree in it, but I should've just done the work when I was in school.

I is John you're right, four years on and I'm still consumed with bitterness.

I think the only reason I did so well in History is because I became uncharacteristically anal about my Special Project.

Paper 2 in English is perhaps the most dreaded of all Leaving Cert exams as students have to guess which of the eight poets on the syllabus will feature.

thats from the irish times. 8 poets? Do they not do Soundings anymore?

I remember there being at least 50 poxy poets to have to learn. Back in my day.

kids have it too easy these days.

I got a C in English. But look at me now....!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back