Leaving Cert '06 (1 Viewer)

Yeah pretty mervous. Do your resultts dictate your college place yeah?

Yeh kinda. A-Levels are done over two years. This is the first year. I thought I would be nervous but I've come to realise I've failed one of the two exams so I dont care anymore

Good luck, dudes and dudettes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. And remember, even if you don't get the results you want (although I do hope you exceed your own expectations), you're still brillers.

And anyway, Mackle, after what you've been through with your school, you should seriously pat yourself on the back for being strong enough to even sit the exams.

Do Leaving Certers nowadays still have nightmares about their English exam? I can recall it vividly.

I hated English in school. I dont hate writing or reading or studyig literature, but I hated the academic approach to it. I thought it was stupidly blinkered and was generally a pile of dung. My second lowest grade was in English, and amusingly I went on to study communications and journalism. Same with my journo brother - I think English was one of his lower marks in the Leaving too and he's not exactly writing for the Daily Express now, innit.

Dear people who are doing the leaving cert,

Just to let you know, in 15 years time you will STILL be having nightmares about doing the leaving that cause you to wake up in a panic because you can't identify where the churches are on the OS map of Manorhamilton.

Kind regards

Kirstie

Just to let you know, in 15 years time you will STILL be having nightmares about doing the leaving that cause you to wake up in a panic because you can't identify where the churches are on the OS map of Manorhamilton.

Kind regards

Kirstie

Absolutely. Every year since I finished college each May I wake up at least 3 times freaking out over the fact that I haven't studied for my leaving.

Kind regards

Kirstie

Yeah, I had one last night. Probably because of this thread.

hope everyone does ok! .|..|

dont worry, i have never once had one of these leaving cert terror dreams.

i have had the odd dream now and again where im back in school on the first day of term repeating the leaving cert again (i actually only repeated it once). all the lads are there and its usually grand until i realise im wearing a girls unifrom from the loreto or some other embarrasing thing like that. i havent had one for a few years though, wouldnt mind another. (in the last one my least favorite christian brother had aquired the body and dress sense of a mad female teacher in the school...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back