Leaving Cert '06 (5 Viewers)

I'm now the newest student of History, Politics, Sociology & Social Studies in the University of Limerick. Not my first choice (actually my third) but still. I got something so I'm happy...

Interesting article about the supposed end of the points race in the Irish Times today. By interesting I mean "I'm not sure they're right"
Also, looks like points went up for a lot of courses in Trinity this year, contrary to just about everywhere else.

Interesting article about the supposed end of the points race in the Irish Times today. By interesting I mean "I'm not sure they're right"
Also, looks like points went up for a lot of courses in Trinity this year, contrary to just about everywhere else.

mate you're a dreamer. newspapers aren't suppose to research their stories and fact check

they need sensationalism

Not sure about the year-to-year trends, but most of the TCD courses are around the same level they were 8 years ago. Except maths for some reason, which has plummeted.

I'm now the newest student of History, Politics, Sociology & Social Studies in the University of Limerick. Not my first choice (actually my third) but still. I got something so I'm happy...

what does something like this course lead to job wise ?

i didn't do the leaving cert and a couple of friends i went to school with did history type arts degrees that had no relevance to the the jobs they took on afterwards (one fellow joined an airline company and the other is a computer programmer).
i find this to be an odd waste of time but as i said i have no knowledge of university.

what does something like this course lead to job wise ?

i didn't do the leaving cert and a couple of friends i went to school with did history type arts degrees that had no relevance to the the jobs they took on afterwards (one fellow joined an airline company and the other is a computer programmer).
i find this to be an odd waste of time but as i said i have no knowledge of university.

What an unbelievably rude thing to say to someone who should be congratulated.

I think it's an odd waste of time that someone who doesn't believe in doing work thinks going to university should be all about having a career track planned out at age 18. Or about career at all.

Learning isn't a waste of time.

But more importantly: congrats, Gambra!

I agree with Jane. Some people want to learn for the sake of learning and out of interest in their subject. It's not all about training for the rat race. In fact it's nice to be able to do something enjoyable (though that can backfire...sigh) for four years before applying your nose to the grindstone in some poxy job for the next 40 years.

The points system for university is a load of bollix.

i know 4.5 years ago when i was doing my op[tions for CAO, i decided to avoid all universitys

i also got rejection letters from Athlone and Carlow before sitting the leaving cert despite the fact that the courses i selected from them didn't have itnerviews

i know 4.5 years ago when i was doing my op[tions for CAO, i decided to avoid all universitys

i also got rejection letters from Athlone and Carlow before sitting the leaving cert despite the fact that the courses i selected from them didn't have itnerviews

You got rejected from Carlow?

hahahaha....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back