Ladyfest Dublin Schedule of Events! (1 Viewer)

FancyGoods said:
Joking aside, I really think you should get Girls Aloud to perform...(to perform for me that is....)
i nearly played them at the ticket launch. but chickened out and gave the cd to edel instead. she still has it. grrrrr.

you can o course. Pay yer 30 snots and you will be rewarded with a lovely weekend wristband.

they do - the one with the orange bit on it is the boys one. Mens large, it be. We only have 10 though, so come early!

who are
Blonde Leading the Blonde DJ's
+ Miss Kitty MCing between bands

and who are the people doing each workshop?

STITCH & BITCH (Mezz) 12.30pm -3pmLearn the basics or share your skills with others
You are teaching girls to bitch?

are Baba Yaga only playing dublin?

PERFORMANCE12.30pm - 3pm The Hub Hosts:

Poetry Readings
Comedy Improv
The SHAMCOCKS - Drag King Performance!
whats this about?

all de info is on the site, barring the workshop host names I think.

The blonde leading the blonde dj's are 2 girls who do breakbeat stuff, as far as I know:
http://www.ladyfestdublin.org/bands_blonde.shtml

Miss Kitty will be doing 2 - 3 slots between bands on saturday, her stuff focuses on sex - it's a performance piece.

Re: knitting, tis a global thing: http://www.stitchnbitch.org/
so the name has just been appropriated for the weekend.

I have no idea if Baba Yaga are playing any other gigs, sorry. I reckon maybe not though.

swingkid said:
who are
Blonde Leading the Blonde DJ's
+ Miss Kitty MCing between bands

and who are the people doing each workshop?

You are teaching girls to bitch?

are Baba Yaga only playing dublin?

whats this about?

oh and the shamcocks are a drag king troupe - so it's girls dressed up as guys I think, I could be wrong)

Sunday early afternoon will consist of women doing improv comedy, the shamcocks act (which sounds really good from what I've read about them) and poetry readings. That's all the info I have right now, so I guess you just need to go along and see for yourself!

oooh is it? Deadly, I shall look for it so. I do like to knit, though I haven't done it in years. I want to take part in this actually,hopefully I'll be able to.

There is a circle line stitch and bitch in london, where a load of gals get on a circle line train and knit!!

Zita said:
We don't need lessons in that. I'm guessing Stitch N Bitch is the name of the knitting circle. Stitch N Bitch is the name of an American book. It promotes the idea of chicks getting togeter having a gossip and knitting funky stuff for theyselves. It's a good book actually!

04%20Brooke,%20Anda,%20and%20Hannah%20knitting.jpg

is winona ryder gonna be there?

6304005318.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

What time is the music finishing on Saturday?

Also, what time (roughly) will Mira Calix/Andrea Parker and Americhord be on at? (the lineup just says "6pm - Late" which is a bit *too* rough)

they're on last, at about 10.30. Americhord will be on about 8.45

All this may be subject to change though!

aoboa said:
What time does the Hub go until on Saturday?
12. we couldn't get it until later, unfortunately. we're hoping that mira and andrea's amazing ironing-board-(oh, all right, decks)-based performance will have you all danced out by then and ready to go home for your cocoa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back