kerbdog? (1 Viewer)

chutneyfarmer said:
jaysus, who's supporting??? U2 or something??? That seems a pretty steep price for a gig like that!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

The members price is €20, and membership is free. It was €17.50 or something in the TBMC I think, and that's quite a bit larger than the Roisin...

Support hasn't been confirmed yet.

I preferred Wilt to be honest. They'd some really killer *gasp!* commercial tuunes on their brace of albums like, er, "Take Me Home" and that Radio song, all of which I liked far more than Kerbdog's sludgy metal.

And kudos to the Wildhearts mentioning men above. What a cracker of a band they were - far superior to either Kerbdog or Wilt. I remember their ill-fated and ill-tempered Rock Garden gig with Baby Chaos as if it were yesterday. Ginger puked on my shoes when I was hanging around trying to get the band to sign a 12" before the soundcheck and CJ signed the cast on me arm with "thems the breaks kid". Ahh, I still have it somewhere. Years later in Galway some cunt robbed me Wildhearts longsleeve t-shirt. I still haven't got over it.

gugai said:
there's a rumour floating around that U2 might be supporting........

Actually i did some research and a friend of a friend's mum's granny's dog-walker's hairdresser said that YES U2 ARE SUPPORTING KERBDOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND GET THIS!!! KERBDOG ARE GONNA COME OUT ONTO THE STAGE FROM A GIANT SILVER DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pity it sold out in 3.2 seconds. ah well

gugai said:
there's a rumour floating around that U2 might be supporting........

gugai,
are tickets only available through the Roisin and Redlight or can i get one here in dublin on ticketbastard?
paul

I went to the Saturday show....

Unfortunately no matter how much I tried I couldn't enjoy it all that much. The worst was Cormac Battle raising his arms in the air for the crowd to cheer at him... Ughhh

The sound was boring and they played with nil energy... Some songs were great but overall twas a gory example of coming back after that many years. The support band had yer man form Immodium in them and were one of the WORST bands on the fucking planet. They had a song called "Break my heart and I'll break your tits"

stephenoblunt said:
The support band had yer man form Immodium in them and were one of the WORST bands on the fucking planet. They had a song called "Break my heart and I'll break your tits"

Immodium ... that's a tablet you take to plug things up when you get the shits.

superman said:
gugai,
are tickets only available through the Roisin and Redlight or can i get one here in dublin on ticketbastard?
paul

We like to keep it local, you know.. The tickets are available only through Redlight, Mulligan and the Roisin.
Redlight (091 533888) and Mulligan (091 564961) will take credit card bookings, but the Roisin doesn't. Not until we get the online ticket shop up and running sometime.....

gugai said:
We like to keep it local, you know.. The tickets are available only through Redlight, Mulligan and the Roisin.
Redlight (091 533888) and Mulligan (091 564961) will take credit card bookings, but the Roisin doesn't. Not until we get the online ticket shop up and running sometime.....

it's nice to see U2 working with indie promoters and the like again, and also not working with Ticketbastard. I heard Bono's been seen hanging out at Lazybird the past few weeks wearing a Lightning Bolt t-shirt and getting stoned to Sunn o))) records.

chutneyfarmer said:
it's nice to see U2 working with indie promoters and the like again, and also not working with Ticketbastard. I heard Bono's been seen hanging out at Lazybird the past few weeks wearing a Lightning Bolt t-shirt and getting stoned to Sunn o))) records.
that was hansard you saw.

hag said:
that was hansard you saw.

Oh but i though he was too busy stalking the girls from The Chalets, pinching their bums and trying to peek up their skirts. Oh wait,you're right, that was Paddy weren't it!?

Alan Latchley said:
No, Hansard is after the blokes in The Chalets. This was taken when they supported Carter USM in McGonagles recently.

HA!!!!!!!!!! The blonde in the background is loving the man-baps on display! :D
Dirty lass! Apparently Mr. Rice did her up the shitter and 15 months later she gave birth to three golden retrievers. Just sayin like.

stephenoblunt said:
The support band had yer man form Immodium in them and were one of the WORST bands on the fucking planet. They had a song called "Break my heart and I'll break your tits"

The guy I live with also said these were one of the best bands he's ever seen
I don't trust him on many issues because he used to be in Melaton.

stephenoblunt said:

Fuck. Sake.

They weren't that bad, considering they hardly play together at all with Derren being busy with Halite (and Wilt while they were still knocking around). the drummer is handy enough (Binzer?) Most of that material they played was new, the last time I saw them play (April last year) they were much better.

Was at both nights, and loved every minute of it. Yeah Kerbdog were sloppy, but then they always were. People whinging about them being rusty are the sort who'd go see the Happy Mondays and complain that Shaun and Bez were off their tits. Pricks.

Still no Schism. And I've been roaring that up at them since 96.

And I wore the Therapy? t-shirt that I've had since the first time I ever saw Kerbdog supporting Therapy? back in 93, and it still fits, so I'm not a fat bastard thank you very much.

.|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back