JJ72 split (1 Viewer)

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
A truly appalling band.

with a truly appealling broad

oscar-wilde.png

Pantone247 said:
right a lot of you here would've been of an angsty teenage age when the JJ's were at their height, so be totally honest, who here bought one of their records?
NO... FREAKY STYLEY, BODYCOUNT'S BODYCOUNT (WITH COP KILLER), DEL THE FUNKEE HOMOSAPIEN, STEPPENWOLF, PARLIAMENT/FUNKADELIC, ICE CUBE, DIGITAL UNDERGROUND, ANGELDUST.... THAT'S ABOUT AS ANGSTY AS I GOT.

YOU CAN'T BE ANGSTY WHEN YOU'RE BEATIN' THE CRAP OUTTA PEOPLE ON A BASKETBALL COURT. YOU NEED FUNK, ROCK, SWAGGER AND STYLE. IMAGINE TRYIN' TO RULE A DUNK CONTEST OR A PLAYGROUND WITH THOSE FUCKIN' WEEDY GACK BAGS PLAYIN'!! AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.

YERTLE-ING THE TURTLE-ING RIGHT NOW.

SHIT, GODDAMN, GET OFF YOUR ASS AND JAM!!
ALLAHQUAANNNDOO!!!

Pantone247 said:
right a lot of you here would've been of an angsty teenage age when the JJ's were at their height, so be totally honest, who here bought one of their records?

at their height I met them at a gig and politely told them I thought they were absolute rubbish.

I thought I was mad deadly I did.

Actually I liked a few of JJ72's songs. There were a few good ones on the second album. They may have sold only 600K but that's alot more then anyone who post's here. You know these guys who get a 1,000 pressed up. After they send them to the Hotpress and give away loads of free ones they are still sitting on 800 cds that no one wants...plus the ten they put in ROAD...so they are sitting on 810 cds....come on...own up ..you know who you are......all you eight hundred and ten cd stitters

Pantone247 said:

i've got their albums, all the singles from the first album and a few other bits and bobs (can't find my tshirt though). they were the first band i saw live (i still have the cap off Marks water bottle! & an autograph from the time they supported the Manics!) and the first irish band that appeared after i'd gotten into music that i got excited about. they were shit live though.

I remember abusing them on their message board once - only to get threatened by one of their brothers for my troubles. it was worth it.

The best description I ever read of Mark Greaney's voice, from some review of their second album, was that he sounded something like "Dolores O'Riordan from the Cranberries painfully metamorphosing into some kind of goblin". I'll admit to having bought the first album and Long Way South single, I was getting big into Joy Division just around then and there were loads of comparisons made in the early articles about them... it was a bit of a lie. The guy could write a melody, pity he had to make it sound so tortuous.

madpooka said:
They may have sold only 600K but that's alot more then anyone who post's here.
Don't think anyone's saying they're unpopular dude.

You know these guys who get a 1,000 pressed up. After they send them to the Hotpress and give away loads of free ones they are still sitting on 800 cds that no one wants...plus the ten they put in ROAD...so they are sitting on 810 cds....come on...own up ..you know who you are......all you eight hundred and ten cd stitters
No need to be mean, now

madpooka said:
Actually I liked a few of JJ72's songs. There were a few good ones on the second album. They may have sold only 600K but that's alot more then anyone who post's here. You know these guys who get a 1,000 pressed up. After they send them to the Hotpress and give away loads of free ones they are still sitting on 800 cds that no one wants...plus the ten they put in ROAD...so they are sitting on 810 cds....come on...own up ..you know who you are......all you eight hundred and ten cd stitters
TAKE IT EASY THERE CRAZYGAY. SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU GOT A LOAD OF SHIT TO SELL AND NOBODY BOUGHT IT.

AND FOR THE RECORD... IT'S A KNOWN FACT THAT, THAT AT THE END OF THE DAY, AS THE CROW FLIES, VINNIE HAS SOLD 14,000 MILLION RECORDS.

ASSKAQUANDO HIM!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back