ISH Magazine - feedback on your feedback (4 Viewers)

If this ISH thing was a photocopied zine would it have got such a hard time?

I haven't seen it myself but after all this talk I'd like to.
I might not like it but, to be honest, I'm a prick and hate most things anyways.
That aside, respect is due to anyone trying to put a magazine together with a decent ethos.
It's a brave move.

well denise i have to say you've approached the subject of critiscm in the same stubborn manner as i would. rather than give anyone an inch to raise queries to a lack of response as an acceptance of a growing opinion you attack head on with a barrage of pre emptive statements of your position(sorry i've been watching too much of sly news coverage of sadham insain and their crap hack terminology is sinking in)

but i have to congratulate pete and the thumped monkeys who slave away on the upkeep of this site. the fact that an editor has to state the position of the magazine she represents is indicative of the persuasive influence and popularity of this site. i mean if you look at the numbers that post regularly speaking of first hand purchase of music or of being at gig then thats a sizeable audience presumably some of which a very canny editor is well aware an indie music magazine could do with.

job well done on the pr front denise. you've earned that pay cheque (or is it a music voucher or couple of pints? i believe thats the going rate for a young professional these days :) )

where can one pick up a copy of the first issue?
tried taking copy of mongrel from inside front door of tower the other the and the security got suspicious. not surprised am looking a bit worzel gummage these days.....

I don't see why people attack free music magazines at all. The more the better. More choice is usually a good thing. If people are doing something creative or contributive to the local music /Art scene, well fair play to them. In any normal country creative, talented, dedicated people EARN GOOD MONEY, but there's not much of a structure here to support a generation of Artists/Writers/film-makers and its the 21st Century! And there's tonnes of talent out there livin on the bread line.

Keep up the good work and one day you might reap the rewards for your contributions.

hear hear, speed.

what pisses me off are the "muso" types that hang around forums like these and spout shite like "well i'm into this band, and only me and 5 of my close friends have ever heard of them, so they must be cool, so therefore i instantly have much better taste than you will ever have, why dont you run along now little boy, oooo you like rock and metal, aww isnt that cute???"

FUCK YOU ALL!!!

when i get into a band , local or otherwise, i do my best to tell people i know who may appriciate them, all there is to know about them, and ish is just doing the same.

so i that doesnt sit well with you guys, go back to yer bedsits and listen to yer flaming lips or kings of leon or whoever the latest lo fi indie shite is nowadays and let people spread the word about good bands and music.

Flame me all you want, i dont give a fuck what anyone on the net says,

I stand by my statement on the "thumped is pissing me off" thread.....

G-Money said:
FUCK YOU ALL!!!

i dont give a fuck what anyone on the net says,

Just a friendly observation: If you didn't care what people said then why get a great big stinkin hard-on over what bands people on thumped are talking about and indeed, what they're saying about said bands?

A genuine question.

roxy said:
Just a friendly observation: If you didn't care what people said then why get a great big stinkin hard-on over what bands people on thumped are talking about and indeed, what they're saying about said bands?

A genuine question.
You're a reincarnated Socrates Roxy. Respect! .|..|

ok, my rant got a little out of control there.....i've come across people who patronise me because of the music i like, and its usually people who like indie music (you seem, and i emphasise the seem, to be the most closed minded of music lovers) so when i read certain peoples posts on this (and other) topics it just pushed my buttons. i try not to prejudge indie lovers, but my point has been proven many times....

i know by referencing the kings of leon et al, that i might have come across as some kind of hypocrite, but at least i'll admit it.......

...the picture used may not be in good taste, but the sentiment is valid.

.....and lighten up, christ its only a picture. have a sense of humour or does thumped not allow that?

No.

I don't give a fuck about the picture, actually.
Just the idea of posting that and then presuming to take some sort of moral highground on this thread seems.... cheeky.

Ljon - just looking at your signature.

That's not true! When I walked my dog on a leash she always walked on the same side as the hand holding the leash. Now, she doesn't need to be put on a lead. She's all grown-up like.

Did you get that fact from some manner of fact book?

roxy said:
Ljon - just looking at your signature.

That's not true! When I walked my dog on a leash she always walked on the same side as the hand holding the leash. Now, she doesn't need to be put on a lead. She's all grown-up like.

Did you get that fact from some manner of fact book?

No, 'twas a tongue in cheek systems theory book called Systemantics by a feller called John Gall (I think). Full of similar gems - like "the fail-safe system fails when it fails to fail-safe", or something ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back