Is there an 'Everton thread everyone loves them' thread? (1 Viewer)

He's been excellent, partners Fellani really well, puts the boot in when, needed passes well too. Not too mobile but in a holding role his passing makes him a worthwhile addition. Jelavic has been excellent too. Shows what @Cormcolash; knows.

Shows what you know. Talk about double standards! You were giving out stink about that purchase

It's fucking hilarious how fickle Ireland fans are too. If you read the other boards they're all talking about how Gibson should be playing in the Euros without the slightest hint of a reflection that they were convinced he shouldn't even be on the plane all of three months ago.

Three months ago he shouldn't have been anywhere near an international side. He's done superbly since he moved, He really fits well beside Fellani, my one doubt is that because of the amount of work Fellani puts in i.e regularly covering 11Km in a match Gibson doesn't have to do that much running, I mean he's improving with every match I see him in, but Ireland don't (and few do) have a Fellani style box to box midfielder (in fact Everton have 2 as Tim Cahill does this too). Basically our system suits Gibson, but then again our system is the 4-5-1 (or more accurately 4-2-3-1) that I've said we should be using since day one, so again it's up to Trap to either A. pick the best players to suit his system which Gibson probably isn't or B. pick the best system to fit the players he has. Either way Gibson has to be ahead of the likes of Paul Green.

In short I eat humble pie and say I made a mistake. The boy actually can play a bit.

(so long as he doesn't have to run........then again have you ever seen Andrea Pirlo run ? Me neither)

Gibson showed little or nothing to suggest he could deliver in the way he has.

He did, just was most often seen playing with Ireland (hard for anyone to look good in that midfield, except look good at grafting) or the Fergie special of we're playing shite opposition so I'll throw together a midfield that's either never played together before or full of lads needing games being played out of position and scrape a result without anyone looking good. Any time he started in a close to regular United team he was solid.

He did, just was most often seen playing with Ireland (hard for anyone to look good in that midfield, except look good at grafting) or the Fergie special of we're playing shite opposition so I'll throw together a midfield that's either never played together before or full of lads needing games being played out of position and scrape a result without anyone looking good. Any time he started in a close to regular United team he was solid.

I agree and he is one player that seems to be singled out a lot for unfair criticism. He seems to have found his niche with Everton, Moyes utilises his abilities well and the guy can score some cracking goals. Is he going to the Euros?

I never watched him for United for exactly the reason you're stating. Except to be fair, he did play very well against Shalke in the CL semi-final (which I think I posted about either here or on a less reputable board). For Ireland he always seemed un-fit and sluggish and that alone is enough to irk supporters. I don't think he was unfairly criticised, though it did perhaps go too far. I think he was just lumped in with fellow scapegoats like Green, Hunt etc. Before we lose the run of ourselves he is still flawed. he doesn't fit into Traps system and he's never going to be the player we need to make Traps system work, which is essentially Roy Keane v2.0. There are signs there though. Hopefully Seamus Coleman finally shakes his thigh injury and Shane Duffy gets a run over the next few weeks while Johnny H and Sylvan Distin take a well earned break to re-coop before the only match we have to actually have to play for the rest of the season.

40pts achieved so we can sit out the rest of the league games.

Yeah, he looked spent last season. Wasn't even scoring goals, which he could usually be relied on to do. And sure, you have Darrrron now. Timmy who?

Ross "Gnarls" Barkley's time to shine? Whatever happened to that Jose Baxter chap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back