Is there an 'Everton thread everyone loves them' thread? (1 Viewer)

I heard rumours that Moyes was at Wolves last night checking out Kevin Doyle
YOu heard it first here folks. Apparently he's put in three bids for Doyle, who's also being chased by Villa.
I'm kind of surprised, but maybe Moyes can bring him back to form and then some.

YOu heard it first here folks. Apparently he's put in three bids for Doyle, who's also being chased by Villa.
I'm kind of surprised, but maybe Moyes can bring him back to form and then some.

Wouldn't count on it. Moyes and Everton in generals one problem position has always been strikers I think the last player to get 20 in a season for us was Andrei Kanchelskis in the mid 90s and he wasn't a striker. Last out and out striker to do it was Gary Lineker. Historically not a great place to become prolific.

Doyle has got a lot going for him but unfortunately finishing is not one of those things and that's a real problem if you're going to be the lone striker. He'll be back up for Jelavic when he arrives so I can't see him getting a look in until our seasonal injury pile up at christmas. Still he'll probably play 10 premier league maatches this season which is 10 more than he's going to get at Wolves.

Wouldn't count on it. Moyes and Everton in generals one problem position has always been strikers I think the last player to get 20 in a season for us was Andrei Kanchelskis in the mid 90s and he wasn't a striker. Last out and out striker to do it was Gary Lineker. Historically not a great place to become prolific.

Doyle has got a lot going for him but unfortunately finishing is not one of those things and that's a real problem if you're going to be the lone striker. He'll be back up for Jelavic when he arrives so I can't see him getting a look in until our seasonal injury pile up at christmas. Still he'll probably play 10 premier league maatches this season which is 10 more than he's going to get at Wolves.

But Doyle is not an out-and-out striker, nor would Moyes play him like that, and nor would he be trying to fork out apparently €9 million for a player to warm the bench. This is Everton after all. He'd play him behind Jelavic.

Kev is a striker. People just think he plays off the top man because he doesn't score many. But he doesn't score many because he's not very good. He doesn't set up any more than he scores. He's just not good, and has gotten progressively worse. Waste of money and space for a team like Everton. Might do ok at Norwich.

Kev is a striker. People just think he plays off the top man because he doesn't score many. But he doesn't score many because he's not very good. He doesn't set up any more than he scores. He's just not good, and has gotten progressively worse. Waste of money and space for a team like Everton. Might do ok at Norwich.

I don't agree with you there he has qualities which make him a good line leader, good in the air very strong, big engine, and can hold the ball up well. Fletcher and Jarvis both looked better when he was in the side at Wolves. ( I think I've said that before) His Flaws are that he's not a good finisher but who really knows much more about him really ? I mean he's played most of his career in sides that basically can't create a chance to save their fucking lives. Suarez can't finish either but he bags 10-15 goals no problem because Liverpool for all their flaws always create chances. Put Suarez into a side like Reading or Wolves or Ireland for that matter you'd be looking at a completely different player. The way I see it we don't have a clue how good a footballer Kevin Doyle is we know how bad he can be because he's been as shit as everyone else in the shit teams he's played for.

I don't think £7 mil is the correct price for him though. Like I said above he hasn't proved himself and he's too old. Villa need a player like him more than we do but they have Darren Bent who will look like a fucking world beater by tapping in from 6 yards after Doyle does all the leg work pushing centre halves around and getting his shins belted for 90 minutes.

IS this officially a crisis yet?

More like normal service, really. Losing Fellani, Gibson, Miralles, and Neville and still playing well enough to win the last two matches clearly says we're heading in the right direction. The defence is a worry at the moment, Coleman is great going forward but still has a touch of the John O Shea inability to turn his head and spot the overlap problem. He was awful against Reading. On the other hand we've hit the woodwork more than anyone else this season and we're hitting the target consistantly and opposition Goalkeepers are having blinders against us Ruddy made a few world class saves on saturday. Anichebe looked a threat in matches earlier in the season so i can't see why Velios is coming on in matches. It's hugely frustrating that we're not taking our chances. Honestly I think we're better when we're behind because the pressure is off. There's an element of panic in front of goal that's creeped in. We are in the posisition we should be in, we would be happy with 5th at this stage when the season kicked off but the quality of football we've played (until the last 2 matches were I thought we fell apart second half no urgency, too many wayward long balls) and the chances we've created it's understandable why our expectations are higher.

I'm going to miss the arsenal match on wednesday because I'm going to the Dirty Three. I expect it could be a blinder.

At Everton Crisis is having 3 points at christmas we, unlike most supporters have seen it all at this stage so halfway to premiership survival by December a crisis ? Champions League crisis ? Your having a laugh !

Goodison is usually a pretty happy place for Arsenal, but I don't much fancy it this week.

I don't expect to get anything out of wednesday, it will be a good game but ultimately I think Podolski, Giroud and especially Cazorla are exactly the type and quality of players that our rather rigid system struggles to contain.

Good one for the neutrals maybe not going to be a good one for either defense could be 4-3 or something equally bizarre.

Is Podolski actually that good? Really?

His movement off the ball is, that's always been a huge problem for us our rigidness can make okay players look much better. Steven Gerrard looked like a fucking genius against us and you know what I think of him. Our system looks okay against the likes of Chelsea, United or City where everyone has a role and plays it, Arsenal traditionally allow their front players to roam wherever they want and we struggle. The plan might have been to out muscle them in midfield but most of our muscle are out with injuries now so we'll actually have to play football now. Can't see it going our way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back