Is there an 'Everton thread everyone loves them' thread? (1 Viewer)

Jon Walters is going to batter you

Only if we're in a bar and someone is taking a corner.

Got away with one there. 3 Game ban means we're fucked over christmas now so no CL place and no Fellani next season. I hope they took Shawcross into account rather than our handling of the incident which, as per usual under Moyes was spot on.

C'Mon Anechebe we need you now.

Fuck it anyway. FA cup starts in 3 weeks so lets pin our hopes on that.

The whole thing just puts the video-ref thing in perspective. The Europa league has shown the end line officials idea to be a joke. Pulling shirts (Agger had a clear case as well, although he's no angel), diving, offside etc...there's no way three (even five) officials can be expected to see it all in real time and give a snap decision. The game needs to move on, american football style. If a manager (or maybe the captain) has a grievance, they get a video ref to review it. And they can only challenge a decision/non-decision 2-3 times per game.

Meh. Getting away with shit is part of the game. Makin mistakes is part of the game. So, if you get a ref to view a shirt pulling allegation, you're still just asking for an opinion. And what if you're a top striker and you're one on one with the keeper and the ball hits a divot and you sky it? Call it back, try again. The only thing is that if a ball crosses teh line, that's not a matter for equivocation. But some refs will give fouls that others won't, and they have to be given in context of the game. Yeah, that pull on Agger looked a peno, but the ref was probably thinking exactly what you were, he's at it himself every chance he gets. Defenders pull, attackers dive, players whinge, supporters debate. Luis Suarez handles on the line in a world cup quarter. But he gets done. He's sent off and Ghana get a peno. That's fair, right? Then Gyan misses and apparently it isn't fair any more. Suarez should have been beheaded in the centre circle and the should have counted even though it went in.

Even if you stopped the play to look at only 6 incidents a match, there'd still be arguements over it. Fallibility is part of human nature. AMerican football doesn't get that, because to americans, football is war. Might makes right. Mistakes aren't allowed. Second place is for losers. Far as i'm concerened what happens on the pitch is fair enough. Now, being 700,000,000 pounds in debt off the pitch, that's fucking cheating.

Meh. Getting away with shit is part of the game. Makin mistakes is part of the game. So, if you get a ref to view a shirt pulling allegation, you're still just asking for an opinion. And what if you're a top striker and you're one on one with the keeper and the ball hits a divot and you sky it? Call it back, try again. The only thing is that if a ball crosses teh line, that's not a matter for equivocation. But some refs will give fouls that others won't, and they have to be given in context of the game. Yeah, that pull on Agger looked a peno, but the ref was probably thinking exactly what you were, he's at it himself every chance he gets. Defenders pull, attackers dive, players whinge, supporters debate. Luis Suarez handles on the line in a world cup quarter. But he gets done. He's sent off and Ghana get a peno. That's fair, right? Then Gyan misses and apparently it isn't fair any more. Suarez should have been beheaded in the centre circle and the should have counted even though it went in.

Even if you stopped the play to look at only 6 incidents a match, there'd still be arguements over it. Fallibility is part of human nature. AMerican football doesn't get that, because to americans, football is war. Might makes right. Mistakes aren't allowed. Second place is for losers. Far as i'm concerened what happens on the pitch is fair enough. Now, being 700,000,000 pounds in debt off the pitch, that's fucking cheating.

Players making mistakes is part of the game, no doubt. Fallibility is part of human nature. But, why have humans so heavily involved in the refereeing of games? There are matters of interpretation and of opinion, but video replays can clear a lot of that up. Diving is a shitty part of the game. Players called offside when they're clearly not is also shit. It's shit because it's unjust. The whole world could see that Thierry Henry handled against Ireland, yet the ref misses it and we just suck it up? How much longer can FIFA ignore calls for this technology?

Also, player goes down injured, treat him on the pitch and allow the game to continue, same as rugby. I'm an ideas man.

Ah, Henry's handball. Yeah. Thing is, we weren't through, regardless. The best we could have hoped for at that stage was penos. Also, it gave us a real opportunity to grouch, and we love that. Not to mention the few dodgy decisions we've gotten along the way. YOu could never treat a player on the pitch like in rugby, because the game doesn't just flow in one direction. Also, i'm sick to death of football being compared to rugby. They're different sports. I've watched thousands of games, and i only complain about the referring when my team loses. Moaning about it is part of the game. Teams lose games for all kinds of reasons.

And what's the big deal with diving anyway? So what? If a player does a few step overs and pretends to go one way, but goes the other instead and bamboozles the defender, is that cheating? Because, let's face it, HE LIED. The game is made up of a thousand incidents like that per game. I've seen very few games, percentage wise, where a ref's performance has influenced a result unduly. I remember Liverpool having 3 goals chalked off in the world club sup final in 2005 and eventually losing 1-0. The world didn't end. Liverpool's current crisis is not as a result of a lack of technology. Neither is Arsenal's. You can come off the pitch after being raped by a ref grumbling, but 6 or 7 games later, that excuse doesn't wash any more.

If Damo Duff had scored that one on one in Paris, Henry's handball would have never have happened. But he didn't. In fact, if Ireland hadn't been utterly, utterly abject in the first leg, it all could have been moot. But we weren't. We were shit. Our failure to qualify didn't come down to that one moment. It gives us succour to think so, because it hides a truth: that we're pants. Except, that truth is no longer hidden now, thanks to the fact that we did finally qualify for a tournament, with no little help from a penalty that never was against Georgia.

Ah here, too much in there to disagree with. In a nutshell, do a mazy dribble - fool a defender. Take a dive - fool the ref.

I can handle Ireland losing to France if we miss sitters and defend poorly. What I find objectionable is a goal scored by cheating. And not only that, but cheating that is clearly visible to everyone. So, whatever about Ireland's performance, France went through because one of their players cheated.

The fundamental point remains - 3 people cannot monitor 22 players in real time and uphold the rules of the game. Technology is better suited to this job. Using it will lead to fairer results and a better quality game.

Ah cheating is part of the game. It's part of human nature. So whinging and moaning. And debates.

A lot of times refs see these things. They just don't think that they're the fouls we, or the players do. They have an opinion too. It's what makes the game what it is. I'm prepared to accept the odd Henry handball, and they happen really, really rarely, if it means the game retains its humanity. Jesus, i'm a liverpool fan, talk about fucking humanity. I don't like the idea of every single decision being contested, or taken out of context.

I'm not a rugby fan, but the ref tells the players what to do. I don't want that in football. Refs just police the game. The best games i've seen are ones where you'd hardly notice the ref, where the game flows. when you have a game like that, players a willing to let little stuff go too. But an overly officious ref breaks up the play, then you have players moaning about every bit of contact. Players complina about throw ins, they complain about everything.

Also, technology creates a barrier between the top and teh bottom. It's already there, monetarily, but for all intents and purposes when 22 kids are kickin a ball around on a saturday afternoon on a nice green pitch, it's the same game. Except now it won't be, cos who can afford video technology to be installed down in ringsend park? Sure, they can't afford 40 watt bulbs down there.

Two major points came out of the Henry thing: he's a classless cunt, and the world now knows it, and our football association are whinging tossers, and now everyone knows that too. France got theirs in that competition.

Ah here, too much in there to disagree with. In a nutshell, do a mazy dribble - fool a defender. Take a dive - fool the ref.

I can handle Ireland losing to France if we miss sitters and defend poorly. What I find objectionable is a goal scored by cheating. And not only that, but cheating that is clearly visible to everyone. So, whatever about Ireland's performance, France went through because one of their players cheated.

The fundamental point remains - 3 people cannot monitor 22 players in real time and uphold the rules of the game. Technology is better suited to this job. Using it will lead to fairer results and a better quality game.

Couldn't agree less. Technology will ruin football by making it fair. Then we'll have nothing to talk about.

"Oh did you see the match on saturday ?"

"Yes the better team won"

"I Agree"

Fuck that. Sort out the blatant cheating like play acting and shirt pulling now and let the game continue as is. It's ridiculous to say refs don't see what's going on. It's just so common place that they've turned a blind eye.

And lastly it's Paul McShanes fault we didn't make it to the world cup. Henry did what he had to, fuck him but that's the facts of the game. If McShane had done what he was supposed to we could have gone on to lose fair and square.

Couldn't agree less. Technology will ruin football by making it fair. Then we'll have nothing to talk about.

"Oh did you see the match on saturday ?"

"Yes the better team won"

"I Agree"

Fuck that. Sort out the blatant cheating like play acting and shirt pulling now and let the game continue as is. It's ridiculous to say refs don't see what's going on. It's just so common place that they've turned a blind eye.

But the refs DON'T see everything. To bring this thread back to an Everton vibe, take a look at Fellaini's headbutt. He clearly looks at the ref to make sure he's not being watched, then gives Shawcross a pubehead sandwich to the snout.

1355614937064.gif

But the refs DON'T see everything. To bring this thread back to an Everton vibe, take a look at Fellaini's headbutt. He clearly looks at the ref to make sure he's not being watched, then gives Shawcross a pubehead sandwich to the snout.

1355614937064.gif
Yes, but TECHNOLOGY was used to give him a retrospective ban.

And lets not be shedding tears over Ryan fucking Shawcross.

I'm getting dizzy here. It's good that Fellaini has been banned using video, great.

However, Shawcross' blatant holding in the box SHOULD be a penalty. Fellaini's headbutt SHOULD be a sending off. Any action on these infractions during the game changes the game accordingly. Technology would make this a matter of fact. That's the way it SHOULD be. Am I being too idealistic?

I'm getting dizzy here. It's good that Fellaini has been banned using video, great.

However, Shawcross' blatant holding in the box SHOULD be a penalty. Fellaini's headbutt SHOULD be a sending off. Any action on these infractions during the game changes the game accordingly. Technology would make this a matter of fact. That's the way it SHOULD be. Am I being too idealistic?

This was in the 70th minute or so. Shawcross had a hold of him at every oportunity in the preceding 70 minutes there is no fucking way the ref missed every single one of them. He bottled it. he fucking bottled it the way every other ref does. It's got fuck all to do with technology and everything to do with lazy refs not giving a fuck.

Fellani deserves a ban yes but he's the victim of a ref that couldn't give two fucks.

Oh and fair play to him for checking where the ref was if he was caught we'd have lost.

That kind of shit happens fifty times a game. How many stoppages do you want. really, when it comes down to it, is stopping the game to look at the tv going to improve the matches? My guess is not at all. It'll make them worse. I mean you hear pundits complaining when the linesman makes a call and it's "marginal, jeff". As in CORRECT. ALl this technology guff isn't even a debate, it's fucking paper waffle, because it's what papers do. And if there was technology, there'd be nothing to talk about.

That kind of shit happens fifty times a game. How many stoppages do you want. really, when it comes down to it, is stopping the game to look at the tv going to improve the matches? My guess is not at all. It'll make them worse. I mean you hear pundits complaining when the linesman makes a call and it's "marginal, jeff". As in CORRECT. ALl this technology guff isn't even a debate, it's fucking paper waffle, because it's what papers do. And if there was technology, there'd be nothing to talk about.

Exactly on the other hand start giving penalties for holding and after Stoke get hammered every week they'll stop that kind of carry on.

The question here isn't whether or not Fellani deserves a ban or whether technology is good/bad. It's why did Fellani headbutt Shawcross and it's because Shawcross is a fucking cheat. Everyone who's ever watched Stoke knows this

Are people REALLY thinking "OMG I can't bear to watch another shirt being pulled, it's really ruining the game for me" and thinking the only way we can overcome this insidious evil is to change the game fundamentally? REALLY?

Are people REALLY thinking "OMG I can't bear to watch another shirt being pulled, it's really ruining the game for me" and thinking the only way we can overcome this insidious evil is to change the game fundamentally? REALLY?

Not quite but I would never watch Stoke because of the amount of blatant cheating that they engage in.

It's in here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ulham-despite-manager-Martin-Jols-claims.html

6 penalties conceded at home in 72 matches, I'll wager none of them were from set pieces either, and yet everyone know what Shawcross and Huth get up to, it's fucking mind boggling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back