Is there an 'Everton thread everyone loves them' thread? (4 Viewers)

Wow, that's a fairly big deal to fall through in the dying stages of the window. Pool just confirmed the signing of Coutinho, know nothing about him but he's a Brazilian attacking midfielder so must be amazing. Hopefully he doesn't take 3-4 years to bed in like Lucas.

Wow, that's a fairly big deal to fall through in the dying stages of the window. Pool just confirmed the signing of Coutinho, know nothing about him but he's a Brazilian attacking midfielder so must be amazing. Hopefully he doesn't take 3-4 years to bed in like Lucas.

Yeah it's huge, we signed a belgian midfielder last time only for FIFA to say the paper work hadn't gone through in time. Maybe we'll look at him again. We also had a deal for a young Costa Rican lad fall through because of a work permit problem a while ago.and there was talk of us having signed a greek right back a while ago only for the money to get re-routed to Rangers for Jelavic. January is usually not great for us, except for last year.

Coleman is just not a right back. He's been defensively poor all season, same problems as John O Shea, Get's sucked in, ball watches, never gets his head up to see what's outside him and makes rash tackles. If he gets the head down and puts the work in he can be a Gareth Bale type he's great when he's running at defenders and his final ball is improving. With Gueye off to France and Miralles made of glass at the moment I'd say he'll get a good few opportunities this season when he finally gets fit.

It used to be knee injuries, last season it was ankles, this season it's thigh strains, Hamstrings all round next season I suppose.

Edit: just watched an interview with him there on our website, he's a kid. I mean some lads look like monsters when they're 18, he looks like he got a lift to Goodison in his Mas Ford Fiesta. Nice wooly jumper and everything. Fair play to him.

Edit: just watched an interview with him there on our website, he's a kid. I mean some lads look like monsters when they're 18, he looks like he got a lift to Goodison in his Mas Ford Fiesta. Nice wooly jumper and everything. Fair play to him.

I saw him interviewed on SSN. Seemed like a nice boy.

southall.png

Vintage Everton. played well for 90% of the season and then a four minute period nails the coffin shut for another year. Might as well start waving Moyes and Fellani off now surely they won't be sticking around now. Ah well.

Fair play to Wigan though. Better side today. I like Martinez, he always plays the right type of football, his team just only starts playing around now though. Yet again the way the Europa league is set up means that I can't really get too behind them though. They could win the cup and yeah I'd be delighted for them but that would mean that we could finish 6th in the premier league and get fuck all for that while Wigan and Swansea get Europe and Arsenal or Chelski get a place they don't even want. What's more frustrating is that some team somewhere will get in by virtue of picking up the least amount of bookings! Ridiculous system really.

Anyway We play City, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool which should in theory be exciting but now seem like dead rubbers now. Fuck it anyway, back to mid table next season.

Everton 0 - Wigan 3.

Oh look it's springtime again!

Yup. They were excellent we were fucking shite. If we'd gone in at the break 1 down I think we would have turned it rund but when you see the 4 minutes they got the goals in it was like watching Barcelona play against a pub team. Shocking to be honest. I haven't seen us so bad since the mid 90s. That said they were excellent.

On the Ireland front Gibson didn't play from the start so i take it his injury is a problem. Neville was absolutely dire in his place.

Typical. Gibson returns and we beat City. Surely we're the most frustrating team to support in England ?

I didn't watch it on the basis that if we lost I'd feel like shit and if we won I'd feel equally shit because if we played as well last week we'd be at wembley. The champions league spot is like a bior in a bar that keeps making eyes at you and then wearing the face off someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back