Is there an 'Everton thread everyone loves them' thread? (1 Viewer)

He has a decent pass and shot in him, all he really needs is to up the workrate, and that's nothing Moyes can't beat into him. An actual run of games wouldn't hurt him either.

Can't go too wrong for 500 grand.. He's had the occasional game for United where he's shown that he's potentially a pretty decent player, beyond just the long range shots. Needs to drastically up his workrate and look for the ball a lot more but hopefully Moyes can beat some urgency into him.

Fuck all that I'm sick of Everton being the foremost academy for unfinished footballers. We need a goal scorer, the finished article, someone who has a proven track record, we'll probably lose Rodwell, Fellani, Barkley, Jags and Baines this season if we can't climb the table and if the replacements are Darron fucking Gibson and a rake load of promising kids that we can't keep then the club is deeper trouble than ever. Jags out for 6 weeks now, Distin out now with a Hamstring leaving us Shane Duffy (who is a real prospect both for us and Ireland) who's very young and Johnny H who's solid but has a tendancy to get sent off, a lot. So panic buying a center half is on the cards now and our goal scoring problem remains. This could be the beginning of the end, return to the dark days, praying to get to 40 points so we can put our feet up drop points at home to shite teams and start banging on about the future etc. Fuck this. It's fucking bleak being an Everton supporter, fucking bleak.

iojcc8.jpg

need a goal scorer?
should buy that yakubu chap. what's he on now? 14 league goals?

he scored goals before he went to everton as well. seems to me the problem is everton. perhaps moyes doesn't like goals.

He scored a lot for us too, then he got a horror injury and he couldn't buy a goal for the last two seasons. Some players just need to move on to find their form. Arteta was absolute shite for half of last season too, but he looks top class again at Arsenal. I can't blame Moyes for selling the Yak and I can't have anything but respect for the Yak as a player. He passed it well and holds the ball up as well as any player in England but just could not score for us. It happens, I think its called the Diego Forlan principal.

Moyes has never had much luck when it comes to strikers, it seems we only ever get one or two good years out of them, Andy Johnson was exactly the same story.

So now that we've been linked with Kevin Doyle (by the BBC though so it's more than likely bullshit) it seems Moyes's new plan is to simply buy up as many Irish lads as possible. Which more than likely means a spate of knee injuries before the Euros.

On the plus side Shane Duffy seems a real prospect at centre half. There, I said it, bet he gets an own goal and a red card against City tomorrow now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back