Irish players on the move (4 Viewers)

Jerry Twig

Supporter
Solutions
Kevin Doyle to Wolves for 7.6 million. Good that he's in the top flight but it's a sideways move in terms of the club. Would have liked to have seen him go to the likes of Villa, where I'm sure he would have cut it, but sure I suppose there's plenty of time for that.

Moving up a division can hardly be called a sideways move. If Wolves splash the cash then they've every chance of doing well. Villa don't seem to be signing anyone at all and they'd a shocking second half of the season. Apart from the top 4, Everton are about the only team I'd have really wanted him to go to. But it's good to have Foley, Ward, Keogh and Doyle on the same team, for Ireland's sake.

Moving up a division can hardly be called a sideways move.
Of course you are right in that sense, as I said in my post. What I meant was that as a club I don't think Wolves are any better than Reading really, at least at the moment. Aston Villa are.

Fair fecks n all that but would have definitely like to have seen him go to Fulham. European football and whatnot, would be suprised if wolves arent in a relagation battle next season but then again i would have said Stoke and Hull would go down so what do i know. Nothin

Of course you are right in that sense, as I said in my post. What I meant was that as a club I don't think Wolves are any better than Reading really, at least at the moment. Aston Villa are.

Fair enough, that's true. Hopefully Wolves will buy well and come the end of the season there mightn't be too much between them.

Thought he was going to Chelsea a few seasons back? Doyler has had a stinky 09 - hope he doesn't carry that form into the new season.

I guess. Himself and Ebanks-Blake have the makings of a decent partnership. Whether it's premier leauage standard is another debate.

dunne to everton..lescott the other way. would make sens efor richard, he had a mare last season, so moneybags owners aren't in love with him. they're in love with john terry. so, clearly they are idiots.

richie would be an important player at everton, if he went. if he doens't move he'll rot at city. i don't think he suits the "project"

always keeps his best form for ireland tho...a bit like gary breen.

Well he's been player of the year for City about 4 times so he's done his bit for them too.
A move back to Everton would be absolutely ideal for him, I think. Good manager, etc.

Well he's been player of the year for City about 4 times so he's done his bit for them too.
A move back to Everton would be absolutely ideal for him, I think. Good manager, etc.
yeah but he'll never sell enough shirts at man city now. he will of course sell the BIGGEST shirts, so yard for yard he'd match robinho.

darren potter to leave wolves and head back to the championship? shame, like to see him get some prem experience... we may never see him play again at this rate. also *ahem* anthony gerrard on the move?

Is Dunne's move contingent on Terry going to City or will they shift Dunne irrespective and then fill the position?

Delaney to Ipswich. Supposedly we're getting a million for him. I'm still laughing.

Keano obviously hasn't learnt from his previous policy of buying shite Irish players. The big fucking prick.

Delaney to Ipswich. Supposedly we're getting a million for him. I'm still laughing.

Keano obviously hasn't learnt from his previous policy of buying shite Irish players. The big fucking prick.

I thought Delaney looked decent enough when he lined out for Ireland those couple of times (or once or whatever it was). Is he not particularly good?

He was good for half a season, utter crap last year. Now I'm mostly going on what I've read obviously, but he didn't seem the best in the few games I got to last season.

He's OK, but a million for a championship level left back? Yes please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back